Tuesday, March 14, 2023

I Didn't Do A Thing

After yesterday's adventures in which I actually left the house, today, I didn't do anything.  Especially not something that involves leaving the house. 

Unless you count checking the mail, I mean.  I did do that. 

So, what else did I do?  Well, I'll tell you.  I finished a hat.

This was knit with Red Heart Blacklight, and I like the way it turned out.  Then I cast on another hat

I like the way this one is knitting up, too.  It kind of reminds me of a Monet painting.  

My other big project for the day was to make a start on cleaning up this mess.  


Let me tell you, I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much junk was in that pile of...um...junk.  I found receipts that were two years old, which I should have dealt with two years ago.  But didn't.  Which is why they were piled on the desk.  Nevertheless, I persevered and everything sorted and filed, or trashed as the case may be.  

One of the big things I wanted to do was to move all those old computer parts --like the monitor, keyboard and such --out of there and do something with them.  I got everything unhooked and off the desk, but for now, they're just stuffed in Cody's closet until I decide what to do with them. Looks much better now.  


I've still got to figure out what to do with all that junk on the top, but I'll get there eventually.  I want to move most of it off of there, and just display a few of my favorite things, like the mug Kristine made for me, and that picture of Cody.  Maybe the polar bear I got from the Memphis Zoo can stay, but the rest of it needs to go somewhere.  

Look at this!  I even cleaned out the little drawer, and was astounded at how much junk was able to fit in there. 

I'm going to put my fountain pens and ink into this drawer, and probably my washi tape and stickers as well.  And, of course, my address labels and stamps.  

The eventual plan is to clean out the little brown filing cabinet on the left side and use it for my letter writing stuff.  You know, all the stuff that is currently stacked on top of it...and the nearby snake tank.

I'm going to move everything in that one into the larger filing cabinet on the right, since it's mostly empty anyway.  Once I'm done, this will become my writing area.  I eventually hope to save up enough for a proper writing desk, but for now, this will have to do.

In other news, I got my taxes done finally.  I'm going to get a bit of a refund -- not much, but at least I don't have to pay out.  I'm even going to get a refund from my state taxes this year!  Woo Hoo!  Knowing I'll have that little bit of money in a few weeks, I splurged and bought the second book in The Dark Is Rising series.   

This one takes a much darker turn than the first book, and definitely don't judge it by its movie.  I watched it years ago, and it bore very little resemblance to Susan Cooper's wonderful story.  

And finally, Walmart had all this hummingbird nectar concentrate on clearance, and I made out loke a bandit.  


It's about time for them to start showing up in this area, so I'd better get my feeder cleaned up and filled. 


No comments: