Sunday, December 19, 2021

Progress

It took only three tries.  Yes, only three tries to figure out how many stitches to cast on for my widened Irish Hiking Scarf.

I knit one pattern repeat, but then my little voice got more insistent that I finish some of my other projects first.  I really, really need to finish my Garden Party shawl, so I dug it back out to work on.


Only, I couldn't find the pattern anywhere.  No, I take that back.  I found the pattern -- just not the pattern page I needed.  The whole pattern takes 9 pages, and I found every other pattern page...just not the page I was on.  Sigh...OK, I'll just pull up the pattern and reprint that one single page.  Only, I couldn't find the pattern, on my computer.  

It wasn't in my documents.  It wasn't in my saved emails.  It wasn't anywhere.  Hmmm, maybe it was on my external hard drive.  Yeah, that's where it is!  OK, now where is my external hard drive???

After much searching, and a few unwholesome words for which I had to repent, I found the external hard drive.  Now, where on this thing is the pattern?  I must have opened a hundred folders -- eh, not really, but it sure felt like it-- before I found the elusive Garden party pattern, but find it I did.  Finally.  

I printed off the page I need, and we're off to the races.  But all this really emphasized how badly I need to get my junk room organized, and less...well, junky.  Since I'm done mailing all my Christmas gifts, the first thing I did was to take all the empty cardboard boxes out to the carport.  Then I turned my desk chair around and pushed it in up under the desk.

It's amazing how such a small thing makes the room look so much better. 


Kindly ignore the unswept floor.  I'll get to it.  Eventually.  

But for now, I'm going to knit.  

Laters. 



No comments: