Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Good News And Bad News

 The good news is the washing machine repairman showed up when he said he would -- which is a rarity around here.  

The bad news is, he declared my washer dead on arrival.  Really, not so much dead, but he said it would cost more to fix than it was worth.  

I got a bit excited when he said that, and told him, "I've been wanting to get a new one.  Now I have an excuse to."  Tomorrow after work, I'm going to run by a local appliance place that he recommended and see what they have, and more importantly, if they deliver.  If they don't, there's no point in even getting one from there.  In that case, it'll be off to Lowe's on Friday.  I know for a fact they deliver.

And I've got a coworker who will probably want the old one to sell for scrap metal.  So, that's good. I'll just need to get it out of the house, which shouldn't be too terribly hard.  I pulled it out from the wall to turn the water off, and it wasn't too heavy.  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it outside. 

I guess that's about it for tonight, because everything I'd planned on writing about just went right out of my head when I got that news.  So, in the spirit of Christmas, here's a carol for you.

No comments: