Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Concert

 

Before we get to this year's Christmas concert, I had to share some more surprise mail I got.  

My friend  Jennifer works in the library at the college we both attended -- back in the last millennium.  I worked there too, until I graduated and moved on. 

Well, the library was culling some old books, and she found some she thought I'd like, and set them aside for me.  


She knows me so well.  The red one is entitled History Sings, in case you can't see because of the label.  I haven't had much time to look into them too much, but I will. 

Then she went to the public library, which was having a book sale, and this one screamed "Becky" at her. 


I used to read Franklin Habit's blog eons ago, when he was still writing it.  I just went and checked.  The blog is still there, but he hasn't made an entry since 2015.  

And now, here is your Christmas Concert for 2021.  It's not as long as I would have liked, but that one song...I just couldn't get a good recording of it.  But I hope you enjoy it anyway. 

You want to hear a funny story?  I used to hate this song.  I mean, I didn't just hate it, I hated it with the fire of a thousand volcanoes.  But sometimes all it takes is one outstanding version of a song to change a person's mind.  With me, it was Dolly Parton's.  Now, it's one of my favorites. 

And finally, no Christmas concert would be complete without Mammaw's favorite carol:


If this one sounds familiar, it's because it is.  This is the one I played for you year before last.  There are other arrangements in my level 2 books, but I just didn't like any of them.  This one is simple, and beautiful, and quiet -- the way it was meant to be. 


No comments: