Monday, December 13, 2021

It's The Little Things

Guess who finally called.  

Yep, the plumber.  He sent one of his employees out after I got home from work.  He did some stuff, but couldn't clear whatever is clogging my drain.  He's going to come back tomorrow with a snake, and see if he can clear it with that.  If that doesn't work, he's talking about ripping out the vanity and tearing up the walls to replace all the plumbing.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does...

Hopefully, tomorrow the main plumber will come, and will have some better ideas what to do. 

In other news, I've been keeping a big box with the intention of cutting it to size and putting it into the window in Cody's bedroom -- the one on the west wall.  Every time I went in there, I'd look at that box and think to myself, "Self, you really need to get that box cut up and put into that window." Then I'd walk out of the room and not do it.  

Well, yesterday, I finally did it.   I cut up that box and put it into the window.  I'm telling you, it makes such a difference.  


The room is so much darker now, and will be so much cooler in the summer without that sun shining right into that window.  Now, I just need to get a light blocking shade for this smaller window, and he'll be all set. 


It's the little things...

In other other news, they sent five -- FIVE-- people home from work today with COVID, including one of the brazers.  That one was kind of aggravating.  She said she'd been feeling bad since last week, and already knew she'd lost her sense of smell, but she got up and came to work this morning anyway -- potentially exposing everyone in the department.  Heavy sigh....what's wrong with people?  

I'll let you know in 5 - 10 days...

And finally, Happy Santa Lucia day to my fellow Swedes out there.








No comments: