Sunday, December 05, 2021

Busy Weekend

 It all started Saturday morning, when my new washing machine arrived bright and early.


The delivery guy kind of laughed and said I was the first delivery they'd made that day where the recipient was actually awake.  I guess being used to going in at 6:00 has its benefits.   I was glad they came early, so I could get caught up on my laundry. 

They even hooked it up, then checked it out to make sure it was working properly before they left. 


BTW, he is not playing on his phone.  He was turning the flashlight on so the other guy (who you can't see) could attach whatever it was he was attaching.  They were both very efficient and professional.  Got me hooked up quickly, then were on their way.

No sooner had they left when I started the first load.  The manual said to run a small load --preferably 4 or 5 towels--  first, so that's what I did.  This thing is fancy, I'm telling you.  All these cycles and options.

I think what I like best is that number on the right.  It actually tells you how long before the cycle is finished.  Pretty cool, if you ask me.  

I'd only done a couple of loads when Cody called me.  He and Brennan came down for the tree lighting on the square, and he was calling to see if they were still having it.  His weather app showed that it was raining.  It wasn't, but he wanted to be sure.  I told him they were having it anyway, so they came on down, and we carried a couple of rain ponchos with us, just in case.  Turns out, it only sprinkled a bit, so that was good. 

He brought his laundry, too, by the way. 

The tree lighting was nice, but they didn't really have as much as they did last year.  Mainly because there was a conflict with Cotillion, which was scheduled for the same day.  They had that in the First & Green event center, so they couldn't do the Merry Christmas Market, but things happen.  

They had a local girl who sings at all our community events come and sing, and also a man with a guitar led us in group caroling.  It was simple, but nice.  I took quite a few photos, which you can see on my FB or MeWe page, but here is the actual lighting:  


In knitting news, if you'll recall a few weeks ago, I knit a hat for a friend who lives somewhere in the arctic tundra.  I'd knit her one a couple of years ago, but moths got to it, so I'd knit her a new one.  Well, Friday, I got a message from her telling me she'd lost the hat.  She had left it in a fast food place, and when she went back to check, it wasn't there.  She was heartbroken. 

Naturally, I did what any red blooded American would do.  I immediately dug out the yarn and cast on a new one.  I'd gotten this far, 


when she messaged me back, saying she had found her hat.  We were both relieved, but since I was halfway through, I went ahead and finished the one I was knitting.  I think it even striped up better than the first one I'd knit.  It's got fat stripes on one side, 


and skinny stripes on the other. 

The cat, channeling Vanna, approved: 

I told my friend not to be surprised if it shows up in her mailbox anyway.  That way, she'll have a spare.  

And that's about it for my weekend, unless you want to hear about me boiling down my turkey carcass to make broth.  FYI, you can get an astounding lot of broth out of a 17 lb turkey.  But if things keep going the way they are with this economy, I'll be glad of it all before it's all over. 

Thanks a lot, Brandon. 






1 comment:

Otter said...

My town is getting too big to go to the lighting anymore. I would have to park a mile away. If we are not at 100k yet, it would surprise me. I do plan on dragging my friend who just moved here, downtown to see the beautiful lights. They do know how to light up downtown.
Miss Vanna is doing a great job. And I am happy to see your new washer. Mine similar to that got clogged with deposits. I made the mistake of not watching the repairman pop the top and clean it out. So hubby didn't know how. Luckily my mother had to give up her house and I got the washer. My dryer still works great. Now hubby can tinker with our washer and figure out how to fix it without worrying about time constraints or messing it up completely. Mother's is a toploader that has a huge drum. That will come in handy.