Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Random Thoughts Of A Tuesday Afternoon

1.  There had been knitting going on.


See?  Evidence of such knitting exists.  It's been so long since I knit socks, I had to look up how to knit a heel flap and turn a heel.  But look it up I did, and on we go...

2.  The dog and the cat are slowly getting used to each other.  She passed Jesse in the hall this morning and didn't even hiss at him.  I call that a breakthrough.  

3.  He's still pretty nervous around her, though.  He is just now getting to the point where he'll come out of the bedroom to eat.  I'd even fed him in the bedroom for a bit, because he was obviously losing weight.  I dragged him out of the bedroom to the kitchen once, and he fought me every step of the way.  But now, he's laying beside my chair in the living room, the way he used to before we got a cat.  I call that a breakthrough.

4.  Sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions.  Work, the cat, the dog, the blog, my piano lessons, mowing...the weight loss program.  When you work 10 hours a day, six days a week, it leaves precious little time to do anything else, yet I have all these other things I need to be doing also.  I need a break. If the blogging gets scarce for a while, you'll know why. 

5.  As if I didn't have enough demands on my time, I went and bought a new game. 


It popped up in an e-mail as an Amazon daily deal...or something.  I don't remember what.  But it was 60% off, marked down from $30 to $10.  After reading some of the reviews I saw that you can play it as a solitaire game, so on a whim, I picked it up.  I haven't played it yet.  I haven't had time. It's supposed to be raining Saturday, so maybe I'll play my game instead of mowing. 

6.  Cody and I used to play games all the time when he was little, but he would get so ugly if he lost.  I finally told him, "I don't want to play with you any more.  It's just not fun."  So, we stopped.  I still have all the games, and even buy new ones occasionally.  Maybe someday, I'll have a game playing buddy once again. 

7.  Speaking of Cody, he has a new job.  He's in customer service at a sporting goods equipment company.  I think he'd applied to that company when he first moved up to Memphis, but they said he didn't have enough sales experience.  Apparently he does now. 

8.  I'm so tired, I forgot what I was going to tell you next.  

9.  I still haven't planted my bluebonnet seeds.  We've got one more cold spell coming in tonight, so maybe after it warms up again, I can get them into the ground.  My friend Ronnie told me to freeze the seeds, then drop them into boiling water to crack the shells.  The last seeds I got, I scuffed them with a fingernail file, but still, only two germinated.  I think I'll try Ronnie's suggestion this time, and see if it works better. 

10.  I guess that's it for today.  Laters....






No comments: