Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Could It Be?

There I was at work, just a working away, when Some Front Office Guy (formerly known as The Boss Who Must Not Be Named) walked by and asked, "Are you sorry you lost your Stalker?"  

Because yes!  Stalker started his new job yesterday!  At long last he is gone!  Could it be that after ten long, interminable years, I'm finally free of his harassment forever?  I certainly hope and pray it's so!

So I said, "Child please!  I was singing Glory, Glory Hallelujah!  all day long yesterday!"

The department has seemed so much calmer and more relaxed without him there.  But I am wondering how long he's going to last in the lab, since they didn't really want him either.  He thinks everyone out there is so in love with him, but he'd totally delusional about that.  The only one who loved him is that one front office guy who pulled some strings and got Stalker the job in violation of company policy in the first place.  Only he's not there to cover Stalker's butt any more.  Man, I wish I could be a fly on that wall. 

By the way, one of the brazers went home feeling sick last Friday.  Today, I found out she has the COVID again.  She's already had it once, so that was a bit of a shocker. 

Well, I've had my new cat for two weeks now, and she finally seems to have settled in to her new home -- so much so, I felt it was time to move her out of Cody's room.  I bought her a little automatic feeder and put it into the utility room.  


Kindly ignore my unmopped floor.  Trust me, when you work ten hours a day, six days a week standing in a factory, the last thing you want to do when you get home is mop.  

After I took the picture, I remember I'd also bought one of those vinyl mats to put her bowls on.  And I'm not going to take another one.  Which reminds me, I desperately need a new camera.  But that's a different post for a different day...So, I figured the auto feeder will be good for when we go to Texas next month for my mother's memorial service.  We'll only be gone a couple of days, and that will be  plenty of food to hold her.  I'll still have to board Jesse, though.  

Whew! All this talk of moving has made Cutie tired.  She crawled into her little house and took a nap. 


While I was in the store -- I was there getting my oil changed -- I wandered into the garden center.  These last couple of years, I just haven't been that much into planting my flower beds.  I think it's the long, long hours catching up to me, and I'm not getting any younger, you know.  But look!  They actually had bluebonnet seeds this year!


I don't think I'm going to plant them in the same place as the others, though.  I've discovered my yard slopes wrong, both in the front and back.  The yards slope towards the house, so any time it rains, the water collects right there -- where I've got stuff planted.  If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to hire some landscapers to fix that.  Right...

So, now I'm trying to decide if I want to build a flower bed out of some of the plastic edging I still have, or maybe paint an old tire.  The other option would be to dig out that old fire pit behind the fence and fill it with garden soil.  I think that might work out best, because it's already there, and would have good drainage.  It would be a lot of work though, because I'd have to dig out all the ashes and garbage, and other crap the previous owners burned in there. 

The biggest problem is, the time of year I want to get out and do this kind of stuff is also the time of year when the plant is driving us into the ground like dogs.  

Let's end with a little good news.  It's been a month since I started my weight loss program, and I've lost 10 lbs.  Yay, me!

No comments: