Monday, July 13, 2020

Still Kicking

Yep, I'm still alive and kicking.  I've been in a real writing slump here lately.  I've had stuff to talk about, but I just can't seem to make myself sit down and write it all out.  

About a week ago, I signed up for a new streaming service called FRNDLY.  It only has 15 channels, but three of them are Hallmark.  I will be able to watch my cheesy Christmas movies for a whole lot less money this year.  The packages start at $6 per month, but the only difference is the number of streams you can have, and the length of time your DVRed stuff is saved for you.  I got the $8 package, because with these hours we are working, I can't watch anything live.  I have to record it all and watch the next day.  Anyway, it also has UP TV, INSP, The Weather Channel, QVC, and some outdoors channel.  There are a few more, but I can't remember them right off the top of my head.  


I finished the hat I was working on.


I started another one, but didn't take a picture of it.  And like I needed more yarn, I picked this up out of the clearance bin at Walmart.  


I've been admiring this yarn for a while, so when I saw it had been marked down, I had to get me some.  Unfortunately, only one skein was in the clearance bin, so about all I can do with it is to make a couple of hats.  



There I was, a couple of weeks ago, working on my sight reading exercises, when I happened to glance at the back of the book and saw these:


It's got simple pieces that are meant to be played only once per day.  The point is to force the student -- in this case, me -- to actually read the music, and not just feel it out.  

I'll let you know how that goes. 

Cody has a new job.  He decided the car industry is about to go belly up, so wanted to get out of it.  I disagree, but didn't argue with him.  Two things we Americans aren't going to give up are our cars and our air conditioning.  

Anyway, he's working for a logistics company, and his office is in downtown Memphis -- over looking the Mississippi River.  I said, I'd never get anything done, because I'd be looking at the river all day.  

I guess that's it for today.  I hope this malaise passes, and blogging picks up soon. I'm sure you feel the same way.  















No comments: