Friday, July 03, 2020

Crawling Out Of The Woodwork

I'm crawling out of the woodwork here to let you know I'm still alive and kicking.  And I still don't have symptoms of the 'Rona -- though the dust is still so high here I wouldn't even know it if I did.  Before it was all said and done, they'd quarantined five sub-brazers.  I'm not one of them, even though I worked right beside the one who had it.  People are questioning that -- why the didn't send me into quarantine.  Yesterday, I had the following conversation with a coworker (who admittedly is a bit on the slow side):

Me:  Safety Guy said as long as I'm not showing symptoms, I'm not contagious, so I'm OK to come to work.

Slow Coworker:  But you could be a carrier.

Me:  But I'm not showing symptoms, so I'm not contagious.

Slow Coworker:  But you could be a carrier.

Me:  I'm not showing symptoms, so I'm not contagious.

Slow Coworker:  But you could be a carrier.

Me:  I know, right?  I don't know what they were thinking.  

Rumor is that a second brazer tested positive on Friday, so that's when they quarantined the other two.  Rumor also has it that the two who came down with the COVID went to the same big block party, which is where they picked it up.  I remember hearing them talk about it, and that was just about two weeks before the first one started showing symptoms.  But that's just speculation...

By the way, Cody told me that Beverly had it, and her only symptoms were nausea and a slight cough.  I said, "Heck, that's me every day, even when I'm not in the middle of a global pandemic."  


In other news, I finished another Yes.Fit race.  They've got several they're retiring at the end of the year, so I want to get them done while I can.  Well, the ones I want, at least.  The Beauty And The Beast I just completed was one of those, and this is another, Peter And Wendy.  As you may have guessed, it's theme is Peter Pan.  The medal is so cool.  It looks like a pocket watch, complete with tiny watch chain. 


And look at this, it opens!  The inside shows a scene of Peter and Wendy flying over Big Ben -- just in case the photo isn't that clear.  


Then I did this one -- Let Freedom Ring -- today.  It was only a 5K, and I walk more than that just mowing my yard.


Which is what I did this morning.  I thought I could get out there and get it done before it got too hot.  I thought wrong.  It took me several hour afterward to re-congeal, but I got it all done.  I even got  part of the weed eating done before my weed eater and I had a serious falling out.  I get frustrated because the line doesn't feed like it's supposed to.  When I need new line, instead of just bumping the thing on the ground like you're supposed to, I have to stop the weed eater, unscrew the thing and manually feed out more line.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've never been able to get it wound right. 


A couple of weeks ago, my brother in law and I were chatting on FB about digital cameras.  He'd asked in anyone still used them, and I said I did.  I'd love to get a new DSLR someday, so I can control the depth of field and shutter speed and all that.  Well, Aaron mentioned that he had an old camera he'd send me for free if I wanted it.  It's an old Canon Power Shot, and it's still got its drivers on a CD-ROM.  


My new computer doesn't even have a disc drive on it!  I don't really the disc anyway, as the memory card works with the Fast Stone program I already have on my computer.  I've taken a few photos with it, but want to record myself playing the piano, and see if it has a better sound quality in the videos than my old Kodak. 

I had to laugh when the package arrived.  He had every inch of that box covered in tape.  My first thought was, "He must be kin to my old Aunt Martha!"  She loved her packing tape. 


I took this little picture of one of my chrysanthemums, just to see how it would do.  


I'd always thought of mums as being fall flowers, but I guess when they're in your garden, they bloom when they want to.  I shouldn't complain.  They're the only flowers I got this year.  All those wildflower seeds didn't come to anything.  I guess the grass and weeds choked them out.  


In knitting news, I'm still working on this hat.  


It's taking forever, because I don't have much time to knit, now that we're on these long, long hours.   I'm only about an inch from starting the crown decreases, so I'm hoping to get it done this weekend while I'm watching my Independence Day movies.    


I've about decided I'm done with my level 1 book of my Alfred's All In One Piano Course.  I've started my level 2 book, but I think I'm going to take a bit of a break for a few days, and just play stuff for fun from all those extra books I bought.  I might even record and post a few of them for you.

Oopses and all.  

And finally, when they spread production out so much in the plant, they bought all the supervisors and managers these little scooter things to ride around on.  I call them Blart-mobiles, but that's neither here nor there. They look kind of like this, 


but not exactly, and obviously don't say Police on them. 

One of the supervisors decided his horn wasn't quite loud enough, so one day on his lunch break, he went to Walmart and bought himself an air horn.  You can hear him tooting that thing all over the plant.  So anyway, there we were at work, just a working away, when off in the distance, you could hear the sound of Supervisor's air horn wafting on the breeze.  

I'm not sure what my coworker was thinking, but she called across to her friend, "Patrice, was that you."  

Patrice looked indignant and said, "Now, how am I going to make that noise?"  And I laughed so hard, I couldn't even tell the massive fart joke that had popped into my head.  

And I've been giggling about it ever since.  












No comments: