Friday, November 15, 2019

Shenanigans

I was in Wal-mart today.  There were shenanigans.


They didn't have an E.  I looked at every single stocking in the display, but there was no E.  So, you're going to have to settle for Jeffery Didn't Kill Himself.

But we all know who that is...

Other than that, I got the majority of my Thanksgiving shopping done.  Cody is the only one of us who actually likes cranberry sauce, and this year, he's said I can make it myself!  He's always preferred the canned stuff.  The fresh sauce from whole berries is so easy to make and tastes so much better.  Me, I like hearing the berries pop while it's cooking.

I'm weird, I know.

Just before I left, I scanned the ice cream section and found this!


You pretty much have to grab it the day it's put out, or you won't get any.  I never did find it last year, but got some the year before -- or was it three years ago?  I don't remember.  I just know it's been a while.

I still haven't found a new Christmas tree, though.  I looked on the Michael's website and found some that look promising.  I'd have to see them in person, though.  But the closest Michael's is 80 miles away in Columbus.  It has recently been pointed out that Columbus has a Christi.  Madison has an Amy, but it's 100 miles away.

And I'm just over here like, "Wow, people are fighting over me!  When did I get to be so popular?"

In other news, I'm pleased to report that the wax melter Cody got me last year works like a charm.  It takes a while for the wax to melt, so it wouldn't be good for just one or two stamps.  However, when you have a whole passel of Christmas cards to do, it works great.  Just toss some wax into the melter, let it liquefy, and scoop out the requisite amount.  Stamp and go...

I now have a whole passel of Christmas cards done -- addressed, stamped, and wax sealed -- all ready to mail.


The hard part is going to be sitting on them until after Thanksgiving.  I could make them early, but I know how apoplectic some of you get when anyone even thinks about Christmas before Thanksgiving. 

And lastly, I finished three more squares on my Zoom Loom.


Then I started sewing them together.  Well, I got three of them sewn together.


As promised, I'm reaching blindly into the bag and whatever square I grab is what I add next. 

Because I like living on the edge like that. 

No comments: