Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Random Thoughts Of A Thursday Evening

1.  They've bought some new machines for the plant.  These machines make our adapter tubes -- I mean, they do the whole process, from raw material to finished product.  Once they get all the kinks worked out, I think they'll be great...but for now, not so much.  Today, I was discussing some of the aforementioned kinks with our engineer.  I wanted him to really understand how difficult it make things for us when a part is even a little bit out of specs, so I asked him to assemble some parts in a jig, the way we do when we are going to braze them.  He struggled for a minute and couldn't get them into the jig.  He asked me, "How do y'all do this?"

"Well," I said, just before handing him a rubber hammer, "we cuss a lot."

2.  I was looking for an old photo in my phone, and found this screen shot from January 2108.  That awkward day when Alaska was the warmest place in the country.


Or at least, warmer than the deep south.  I'm told it was the same way this morning, but I neglected to check.  I was more concerned with this:


3.  It was cold enough that when I got home from work, I built a fire.  I don't usually do that on work days, but I have another vacation day tomorrow.   

4.  I told the aforementioned engineer exactly how he needed to adjust the machines to solve the problems we were having with the parts.  Once he made those adjustments, the problems got a whole lot better.  Sometimes experience beats a fancy schmancy college edumucation.   

5.  At least this one listens.  Most of them don't.  What do we know, after all?  We're just a bunch of uneducated, inbred, toothless hicks, aren't we?

6.  I don't know who schedules college football games, but I'm tired of all my teams playing at the same time.  This picture is from last week, but I've got the same thing coming up this Saturday.


7.  I was watching one game on my Kindle, one on my computer, and one on the T.V.  I'm just thankful I have the technology to do that.

8.  Get her number, dude!  Folks is ready to go home!!


9.  Yes, I checked all 18 of my weather apps to see what the temperature is.  I've got four that are radar/satellite apps, and a F to C converter, for a total of 23.  I'm kinda starting to figure out why I can't find a husband. 

10.  Tomorrow I'll set off on the Great Christmas Tree Hunt.  I'll let you know how it goes.

11.  I reckon that's all for this evening.



No comments: