Sunday, November 17, 2019

Quiet Weekend

After Friday's shenanigans in Walmart, the rest of the weekend has been really quiet.  I haven't gone anywhere.  I haven't done anything except watch football and cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies.  Oh, and I split a bit more wood.  That is a workout, I'm telling ya. 

Something else I'm telling ya, these little squares are a lot more fun to weave than to sew together.


Yes, that is as far as I've gotten.  I'd planned on doing a bunch this weekend, but it didn't work out that way.  Especially after I discovered how not fun it is. 

In order to avoid sewing any more, I finished a hat.


Then I cast on another one.


And just for variety, I cast on a scarf.


This is some of that old Scarfie yarn I'd bought a couple of years ago.  I think this is the last skein I have.  Poor yarn has been knit and frogged so many times it was beginning to look a bit bedraggled.  I just cast on a plain old garter stitch scarf.  It's bugging me that it's so wide, but the styles have gone to wider, shorter scarves here lately.  Me, I still like the mile long, skinny scarves. 

Not that I ever have a chance to wear one...Maybe I would if I ever, you know, left the house and all. 

Speaking of leaving the house, I was looking on the Bed, Bath, & Beyond website, and they have some promising looking Christmas trees.  I might just head on up to Southaven this weekend.  Or down to Jackson...On the other hand, it is supposed to be raining this weekend, so maybe not. 

Since we're talking about weather, this afternoon, I was watching a moving on Lifetime, Christmas In Mississippi.  It was set down in Gulfport.  They kept talking about a massive hurricane that devastated the town five years before.  I'm such a dork, I looked up what year the movie was released, then thought back five years.  "Huh, I don't remember any hurricanes hitting Mississippi that year."  How much of a dork am I?  I'll tell you how much of a dork I am.  I got online and looked it up.  Sure enough, I was right.  No hurricanes that year.

Sigh, is it any wonder I can't find a husband? 

And finally, I got my newest Yes.Fit medal in the mail yesterday.


I was a bit surprised that they'd sent it already, since the event doesn't even start until after Thanksgiving.  But look, all the little charms are hung on lobster claws.  My first thought was new stitch markers!!

Which is really funny, because I don't even use stitch markers.  Not even all those I bought at Fiber Fun In The 'Sip in September.  I just use scrap yarn tied into loops.  Cheap.  Easy.  And I always have plenty on hand. 




No comments: