Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Finished And Started

It seemed to take forever to finish this hat, but it's finally done.


I'm not sure why, but it just seemed tedious to knit on it.  No matter.  I persevered and it is complete, and safely tucked into the charity drawer.  Which is getting rather full, so I need to find a suitable charity to which to donate them.    

After I finished, I promptly cast on another hat. 


A couple of months ago, my sister in law had posted a photo on Facebook of a hat she liked.  Unbeknownst to her, I saved the picture.  After finishing the above hat, I did a little digging and found a pattern.   Then I dug through the yarn my mother in law recently sent me and found the closest thing I had to the color she said she liked and got busy. 

After a slight delay, that is.  I went to YouTube to find videos of provisional cast ons and got distracted by Crazy Russian Hacker.  Thirty minutes later, I found my waste yarn and cast on.  Maybe I'll get it done by Christmas. 

Speaking of new things, I couldn't very well sleep on my new sheets wearing an old, ragged, holey nightgown, now could I?


So, a new nightgown it is!



No comments: