Thursday, February 11, 2016

Degrees Of Separation

You see that guy there on the right?  I went to school with him.  Granted, I didn't know him that well, being that he was a few years younger than me, but I still knew who he was.  Of course, he wasn't Father Jim back in school.  He was just Jimmy. 

This week, he flew to Rome to spend Ash Wednesday in Vatican City.  This is his selfie from that day.


Recognize that man on the left?  Even though I'm not Catholic, I still think that's pretty cool. 

Oh, and be sure to pick up Father Jim's book, Among Friends, available on Amazon. 

When I was in college, I had a dear friend named Karen.  She now has a job teaching at a school in London.  Yes, England.  Her school had a special guest yesterday.

She said at one point, he sat down right beside her.  She wasn't allowed to take a picture, but the school's website posted an article about the Prince of Wales' visit.  In that article, they included this photo. 


The lady in the background on the right with the long blond hair is my friend Karen.  Proof that she was indeed in the same room as Prince Charles. 

And me?  I'm just over here going, "I made it to work with pants on.  Yay me!" 


I told you not to envy me my exciting life. 





No comments: