Monday, February 29, 2016

Didn't Last


Well, that didn't last long. 

I got to work this morning at 6, and my group leader -- the first thing she said to me was, "I'm going to ask if you can start coming in at 5 again."  Sure enough, before the day was out, I'd gotten the word.  I'm back to working 10 hour days. 

When I got home, I had a surprise waiting for me.  My Christmas presents from my sister in Alaska had finally arrived!


There was some candy and some Alaskan varieties of tea, which I can't wait to try.   There were two mugs, filled with candy.  


I've already eaten all my candy, but I was good and put Cody's in his room.  He'll be home in a couple of weeks for Spring Break.  His candy might last until then.

There was small jar of fireweed jelly for each of us.  


And finally, my nephew Andrew made us some leather things.  


Cody's has a bear, and mine has a wolf howling at a butterfly.  But I love it.  He made these himself.  I'll treasure it forever. 

Now, before bed, I'm going to go put it in my Bible. 



No comments: