Monday, December 16, 2013

Mittens and Beethoven

Another pair of fingerless mitts finished!


These are for my older brother.  I cast on a pair for my nephew, but after a bit of introspection, I decided not to make them.  One reason being that the wool is not superwash.

That was the main one.  It'll be OK for Rus, but for a little boy who is more likely to get them dirty and stuff so that they need washing more often...no.  That means I'm done with Christmas knitting.  For this year.  But I've already started on next year's knitting.  That's the good news.

The bad news is, knowing me, I'll still be frantically knitting at the last minute this time next year.

And in honor of a very special birthday today -- Ludwig Von Beethoven's 243rd-- I'm posting this once again.  Because you can't ever get enough Beethoven.


No comments: