1. Have you baked any Christmas cookies yet?
No, not yet. I've wanted to, but if I bake them, I'll just eat them and have to bake some more before Christmas. I'll probably wait until the week of Christmas to make anything.
2. Have you finished your shopping yet? And what did you get me?
No. I have a few more things to pick up for extended family, and I haven't gotten anything for Cody yet. I keep asking him what he wants, and he just says he hasn't thought that far ahead yet. So, I told him Santa is just going to bring him what he thinks he needs.
3. If you had reindeer like the story of Santa, what would you name them. (Be creative.) Remember, they were Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolf. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go on to the next question, please.
Fernando, Vanessa, Driver, Hot Rod, Brenice, Jessica, Jeff, and Charles. Really, I don't know. Those are the names of people who work with me. But it's the best I can come up with on short notice. (Obviously, Driver and Hot Rod are nicknames. Their real names are Tyrone and Roderick.)
4. What was the most memorable Christmas gift you ever gave or received?
Underwear. Seriously. When I was in the Navy, serving overseas, the Navy Exchange didn't carry the brand of underwear I liked, so I requested some for Christmas gifts from family members back home. What makes it memorable was I think it's the first time in history that anyone every got excited about receiving underwear for Christmas.
5. Please tell me something new, interesting, or funny. Also, Wendell could use some encouraging words to feel better- just saying. :)
One of my favorite Christmas carols isn't actually a Christmas song. I'll bet it's probably one of yours, too, and you didn't know it's not about Jesus' birth. What am I talking about? Why, it's Joy To The World, and it was written about the second coming. Even more interesting is that I never really liked the song, until I heard Dolly Parton's version. Something about the way she sings it made the song come alive to me, and I've loved it ever since.
Sorry to chat and run, but I really must get back to my knitting.