Friday, June 24, 2011

Um....Oops...

So, if you remember back about a year or so ago, my favorite socks were my Falling In Love socks, also known as my Marion Barber socks. They made me think of old Elvis Presley songs...

But alas, first one sock, then the other got huge holes in the heels.  But I couldn't bear to just toss them.  I darned one, and intended to darn the other, but then...

I found a website that has closeouts of discontinued colors.  Yippee!  I found some Supersock in the same colorway (Cabin Fever) and thought I could just re-knit the socks into a pair worthy of Marion.

My yarn arrived today. 


I was excited at first, but then I noticed something odd about the yarn. It didn't look like my other skeins of Supersocke. It looked more like the Sockittome. Darn it all! They'd sent me the wrong yarn! Until I saw this:


Darn it all! I'd ordered the wrong yarn! Phooey.  Oh, and yes, I did check my e-mail confirmation.  I had indeed ordered the wrong yarn.  Double phooey!  On the bright side, I can probably get two hats out of each hank.

Yeah, you knew that was coming, didn't you? 

Oh, the other color is Sugar Maple, which I seem to be inexplicably addicted to.  This is the third hank I've bought of the stuff. 

No comments: