Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh, Monday, Monday

I ended up sleeping all night last night, but had strange dreams and woke up crying.  I can just hear some of you now:  "Strange dreams?  You?   Nawwwww..."

But yes, it's true.  Strange dreams.  I had 'em.


Anyway, after work, I ran back out to the store to get my elastic for my shorts, and picked up some more material for work shirts.  Funny how life works.  I  had picked out three very cute fabrics, but as it turns out, I messed up.  If I hadn't messed up, I wouldn't have gone back.  If I hadn't gone back, I wouldn't have found The Coolest Fabric Ever.

This is not it.  This is an Also Cute fabric that I picked up off of the clearance rack. 


Fun, summertime images, aren't they?  But no, that may be Cute Fabric, but this is The Coolest Fabric Ever!


It's got pirates.  It's got daggers.  It's got snakes.  It's got roses.  Best of all, it's got sparklies!  Which make it darned hard to photograph, but still totally awesome!  And at only $2.00 per yard, how could I resist? 

Oh, and I also picked up a new tomato, my old one having long since vanished seemingly into thin air.


And a new hem measurer thingy, since I couldn't find my other one. 



I know, I know.  I could just use a ruler, but these are so much more fun.  Handy gadgets make everything better. 

Speaking of work, I saw Former Group Leader Rod this morning.  He asked me what I'd done over the weekend, and I told him I'd sewn me some new shorts.  He said, "Sew?  As in go get material and sew them up yourself?"

I said yes, and he said, "Woman, is there anything you don't know how to do?"  Without missing a beat, I replied, "Catch a man, apparently."  Whereupon he bopped me in the head with his stack of papers.

He does that sometimes.    

Now, though I'd love to stay and chat with you more, if you will excuse me, I've got pirates waiting! 

Later, peeps. 

No comments: