Sunday, June 19, 2011

Plan B

So, after all that--finally getting my material and all, I set down yesterday to cut out my work shirts. Much to my dismay, I discovered that I'd read the pattern wrong, and hadn't bought enough material for my size.

After gakking for a few minutes, I considered other options. I could run back to the store and hope they had enough left--and a sales clerk handy-- to get the extra I'd need to finish. I quickly discarded that idea.

It only took a moment for me to realize that all was not lost.  I ran into my craft room and dug through my old patterns until I found the one I wanted.  Sure enough, the yardage needed was the exact amount I'd bought.


Lickety split, in no time at all, I had three new pairs of shorts, well, almost.  Here they are, eagerly awaiting elastic, which I will have to go back to the store to get.  While there, I will make sure I get the correct yardage needed for my work shirts.

And all will be right with the world again.

Rylea says, "I sure hope you don't get any ideas about doggie clothes."

No comments: