while waiting for the Olympics to start...
1. If the people of New Orleans had been brought up with an attitude of strength, confidence, and self-reliance instead of one of helplessness and dependence, they wouldn't need a football team to give them hope.
2. When I hear a little girl talking about how sometimes her family doesn't have enough food, but by golly they got that satellite TV, I have a hard time drumming up any sympathy.
3. When I hear a little boy talking about having to go out into the woods and gathering stuff to burn so that his family doesn't freeze to death, but by golly he's got that iPhone hanging from his belt...yeah.
4. People, turn off the TV and buy your children some food!
5. Turn off the iPhone and buy your family some heating oil!
6. Don't even get me started on health insurance.
7. You know, Obama could shut all these "birthers" up in a New York minute by simply producing his original long form Hawaiian birth certificate--which he surely would have if he were truly born there--and saying, "See, I told you so." Kind of makes you wonder why he doesn't.
8. Just how long can a teenager sulk anyway?
It's almost time...catch ya later, then.