Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Don't You Hate It

when you sit down to post and forget what you wanted to say? Yeah...

I took some Tylenol PM before I went to bed last night and slept well. I woke up feeling much better. Well enough to watch the Olympics.

Short track, which I absolutely love--just qualifying heats. Down hill skiing, something I've always dreamed of doing. They showed the replay of Lindey Vonn winning gold. Speed skating, Shani Davis winning gold again.

Now they are showing half pipe, which should not even be an Olympic event as far as I'm concerned.

For some reason, I'm just not inspired to post the way I was during the summer Olympics in '08. I'm enjoying watching them, but the stories just aren't there.

Sorry 'bout that.

1 comment:

Patch said...

Don't worry about it, I usually watch figure skating at the very least but this go-round I haven't watched ANY of the Olympics so far. Except for the opening ceremonies, and I fell asleep before the torch lighting at that (caught it in a rerun broadcast later that same night).

Speaking of "shouldn't be an event" I think curling would qualify. Srsly, yes I'm sure it takes some serious skill to be good at it, but I consider it sorta like bowling or race car driving - something a fat couch potato could get into fairly easily.

Hey Bec, howzabout you and me team up for a 2-person bobsled team? I think those are kind cool. Or maybe biathlon? Cross-country skiing and shooting guns, that's way cool.