Monday, July 31, 2023

Epiphany

I had an epiphany laying in bed last night. 

As you know,  I’ve been contemplating buying an herb grinder, since using the mortar and pestle was so time consuming and labor intensive. I’d even gotten onto Amazon and priced a few. But sometime during the night last night, it hit me.

I already had one. 

Kindly ignore the clutter on my cabinets.  One day, it'll get cleaned up.  Today is not that day. 

But I digress...

Yep, it finally occurred to me that I could use my Magic Bullet to pulverize my herbs, so as soon as I got home from work and had a quick bite to eat, I got the sweet mint that I hung up last week and gave it a go 


It worked like a charm.  A few seconds in the magic bullet, and I had some nice, finely ground herbs. 


I put it into a jar, applied a cute little label I made, and we are good to go. 


I think next time, I'm going to buy smaller labels, because these are just a bit too big for my little jars, but they'll do for now. 


In other news, all last week we'd heard the rumor that our supervisor was supposed to be going to second shift starting today.  I know how rumors go, so I tried not to get my hopes up, but I still felt that stab of disappointment when he walked in.  Ten minutes late, as usual, but he was there.  

I'm not sure what was going on out at the plant today, but it was so quiet all day.  Even over in the brazing department, hardly anybody was talking.  Maybe it's the heat, I don't know.  The only interesting thing that happened is that they brought out a box of brand new brazing jigs, none of which looked even remotely familiar.  Maybe they're for that exciting new product that they still haven't told us about. 

I'm just wondering where they're going to put them.  We already don't have enough rack space for the jigs we have.  We sure don't have space for a bunch of new ones. 

And finally, I went ahead and cancelled my Peacock subscription.  Once I'd finished watching The Office, I hadn't used it since.  I was going to cancel it before it went back to full price (from the introductory price I'd gotten it at) anyway, so I just axed it before I got charged again.  When things pick back up and I can get my internet and Hulu Live back, I won't need it anyway.  

I guess that's it for today.  I think I'll practice my piano, then work on my next knitting project for a bit.  

Laters. 

No comments: