Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Hot & Tired

I meant to post yesterday.  Truly I did, but by the time I got home from work, I was so hot and tired and drained of energy all I did was watch 4 episodes of Horrible Histories and then I switched over and watch Digging For The Truth...and got totally geeked out that it was about the Trojan War -- which had also been featured on one of the episodes of Horrible Histories. 

And yes, I do realized just how dorky that makes me sound...

While I was doing all that history geeking, I finished yet another hat. 

And that was the limit of my productivity for that day. 

In other news, remember a few posts ago I mentioned that there were rumors floating around the plant about some upcoming changes?  It would seem those rumors are true and I can speak confidently about it now, because the company posted the news on their LinkedIn page.  Well, they posted a teaser.  They're introducing some new product that even those of us who work there don't know what that is.  I just hope it helps stabilize things out there, because it doesn't look like the housing market will recover any time soon. 

By the way, today was even hotter than yesterday.  It was hotter inside the plant, 


(photo taken at my work station)

than it was outside. 

 It kind of makes you wonder what is even the point of having air conditioning if it doesn't condition the air.  

Speaking of, we managed to catch the safety guy walking through the department, and called him over to see how hot it was -- which by that time was 96'.  He told us that the company had ordered three new massive air conditioner units that had been supposed to arrive July 1st.  Safety guy said The Big Man Up Front had called this morning demanding to know where his air conditioners were.  They told him the units weren't ready.  

My fellow brazer told Safety Guy that she and I would drive up to Arkansas and get them after work.  Just kidding....but they'll eventually get here.  Probably just in time for winter -- when we have to bundle up in jackets, scarves, and hats to keep from freezing. 

And finally, my herbs seem to be drying quite nicely,  


so this afternoon, I cut and hung some of my lemon balm. 


One of my friends suggested hanging them near the air conditioner vent, so I'm going to try to figure out how I can rig up an herb hanger from the vent in one of the spare bedrooms.  I think if I can find an old wire clothes hanger, I can whip up something quite nicely. 

I also got out my mini mason jars and washed them, so when my herbs are ready to be stored, the jars will be all nice and clean.  

Tomorrow, I'll start on the rosemary, but for tonight, it's more Horrible Histories and knitting.  BTW, my little adapter thing works great with Hulu, unlike some other platforms.  I'm looking at you, FreeVee!

No comments: