Saturday, December 31, 2022

Goodbye 2022

 Once again, I've totally whiffed on the Holiday Homestead Share, but at this point, there just doesn't seem any point in continuing.  It is the last day, after all.  Today's topic is Ring It In, but it's been so long since I've actually done any ringing in, I wouldn't even know what to post.  

That kind of stuff is for the youngsters. 

Back in the day, I used to do some year in review types of posts.   I haven't done that in a while now, though.  Not quite sure why.  I'm not going to do tonight, either, because I'm just not into it.  Truth is, I've had trouble even getting into the Christmas spirit this year as well. I guess I was just really missing family.  

Me, I've spent today watching football and taking down my Christmas decorations.  I still have the outside lights and the stuff on my mantle to take down, but that'll wait until tomorrow.  

The older I get, the more I understand why my grandparents only put up a three foot tall tree.  Now, my mammaw always had a full sized tree, but she had all of us -- plus my aunt and uncle and cousins-- to help.  Yeah, Cody and Brennan helped put it up, but they don't come take it down.  

By the way, I checked out the clearance sales yesterday when I was in town, but all I got was a new bow for my front door wreath and a few more picks.  

I was really tempted to get some wrapping paper, but I've already go so much of that I want to use it all up before I get more.  I've really cut back on paper usage since I've started having my family's gifts shipped directly to them.  

So anyway, I haven't yet put all of my regular stuff back out, because I'm going to have to make some changes.  I'm going to put my trebuchet on top of the book shelf where the TARDISes are right now. 

Which means the TARDISes will have to go somewhere else.  Not quite sure exactly where yet, but I'll figure it out. 

Tomorrow....

For now, I'm going to bed, so let me sign off here by wishing you all a very happy new year.  

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Happy belated new year. I picked up a 3 foot tree this year. It was so hard to get into the spirit and the thought of setting up "the big tree" seemed so daunting.