Sunday, December 11, 2022

Today!!!

 Today's the day!  In just over two hours, season three will drop!  Two hours from when I'm typing this, that is...

I did want to write a quick post before I get off ...everything... to watch it, to get my Holiday Homestead Share up, and to show you what I didn't show you yesterday.  My new mug!


I ordered this from The Chosen Gift shop, but forgot to take a photo in time for yesterday's post.  Yeah, I know I could have gone back and done it.  I just didn't feel like it.  So you get it today.  

I think this is my new favorite mug, right along with my Salty Dogs mug:


What I really love about it is how well made it is.  Look at how thick the sides are.  


My hand included for reference.  The only ding I would give it is that the handle is a bit on the small side.  I can barely fit two of my fingers into it.  Other than that, I love it. 

I really need to thin my mugs out, and give away those I no longer use -- which is most of them.  Ever since I got my aluminum insulated mugs, I hardly ever use ceramic mugs any more. It's just that people around here are so weird.  I've been giving my canna lily bulbs away this weekend -- you know, the ones I dug up from beside the shed.  I'd put the bulbs in a big box in my carport and advertised them in the local free bees group.  I'd even put some Walmart sacks in there, thinking people could get a dozen or so and leave the rest for the next person. 

The first person that came did just that, but the second guy took the whole freaking box.  I mean, there were probably close to 50-60 bulbs in that box.  What the heck is someone going to do with all those bulbs?  Dude even took the Walmart sacks I'd put in there.  

No problem.  I had plenty more bulbs and plenty more Walmart sacks.  I got another box out and filled it up....and someone else came along and took the whole freaking box.  Another 5-ish bulbs.  

Sigh...by that time, I was out of boxes, so I put the rest in a large garbage bag and put it into the carport, then took the ad down from the FB group so that the ones who'd already said they wanted some could get them.  If any are left by, say Wednesday or Thursday, I'll post them again and first come first served.  

At least I got rid of the silly things! 

Holiday Homestead Share #11 -- Decor

When I went downtown Friday morning to run an errand, I had to go by the town Square and saw these cute little gingerbread houses.


They were so cute, I had to stop and take a picture.  I mean, I walked from the water office down to the square in the rain to take this picture.  

They used to put out a Christmas village every year, but they don't any more.  I posted about them back in 2019, when I finally got around to taking pictures of them.  Anyway, I don't know why they stopped putting them out, but I guess these little gingerbread houses will have to do. 

Speaking of gingerbread houses, do you know, I am 58 years old and I have never made a gingerbread house in my life. Maybe this year, I will finally buy one of those kits and make one.  Heck, I might even use my new tripod and film myself doing it. 

Oh, and I'm getting the urge to make cookies, too.  The decorated kind, which I haven't done in ages...

I might just get into vlogging a bit after all. 

No comments: