Monday, December 05, 2022

Random Thoughts Of A Monday Evening

1.  Man, I need a nap.  

2. The Cowboys had the SNF game again last night, so I'd already set my DVR, knowing that I wouldn't be able to stay up and watch it all. since 2:45 doesn't come any later just because there's a football game.  Sure enough, just before half, I turned it off and went to bed.  The score was 14-13 Dallas. 

Somewhere along about midnight, I woke up to answer nature's call.  "That game is over by now.  Let me just check the score to see if Dallas won. "  They hadn't been playing all that well during the first half, so I had my doubts.  

Grabbing my phone, I opened my ESPN app and saw....54-19.  

I immediately did a double take, thinking I'd opened my College Football app instead, but no, sure enough it was the Cowboys-Colts score.  They must have absolutely exploded in the second half.  The downside is I had to wait until after a 10 hour shift in the factory to come home and watch it.

3.  Todays homestead holiday share is wreaths, so here are the three wreaths I have inside my house.   

This is my favorite wreath.  It hangs in the living room right above my TV.  This is an old photo, and it looks a bit more bedraggled now.  I keep thinking I need to replace it, but I just can't bring myself to do so.


This wreath is one I put together myself, with just a plain wreath and a bow.  Well, the wreath used to be lighted, but the lights stopped working a long time ago.  The little star in the middle is an ornament I hung it there because it needed a little something there. 


And this wreath is one I got from the church's women's Christmas party several years ago.  We used to play Dirty Santa -- yes, at church -- and this is what I ended up with.  


One of the other ladies made this, and the funny thing is, the gift I took that year was a hand knit sweater.  I gave a hand made gift and received a hand made gift in exchange.  Pretty cool, huh?

4.  I cast on another hat. 


All the projects I have going on, and I cast on another hat.  It's like I can't quit them.  Is there a hat knitter's anonymous?  I need to find a charity to which I can donate the ones I've already completed, because I'm running out of room in my gift drawer. 

5.  As I mentioned, season 3 of The Chosen is going to be released starting Sunday, so I've been re-watching seasons one and two.  I found this channel on YouTube where this guy Leonardo is reacting to watching each episode for the first time.  The first videos are a couple of years old, but I'm watching them for the firs time.  It's almost as interesting watching his reactions to the episodes as the episodes are themselves.  

Yesterday, we -- Leonardo and I -- were watching season one, episode six.  It was a very intense scene.  I was very intent on Leonardo's reaction, and totally focused....when all of the sudden, weather warnings starting coming over my phone, and I like to have jumped over the chair.  

When I saw this cartoon posted on Facebook shortly after that, it just seemed appropriate -- especially the one on the lower right.


6.  Your vocabulary word for the day:  schadenfreude.

You know that feeling you get when the cat asks you to let her outside and you say no because it's supposed to rain all day, then she hisses at you and swipes your leg with her claws, so you say, "ALLRIGHT!" and let her out and then you go to work and she has to stay outside all day in the rain while you're at work, and you think, 'It serves her right"?  

That's schadenfreude.  

7.  By the way, she didn't actually have to stay out in the rain.  She can get inside the shed so at least she's dry. 

8.  They announced which teams will be playing in the college football playoff and guess who isn't in it?  That's right, neither Alabama nor Clemson is playing.  For the first time since it started, there isn't one of those two teams isn't in the playoff.  

9.  I reckon that's it for today.  Laters.

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

There is something about this time of year where I feel like making hats. And crochet. I'll crochet the heck out of washclothes and try my hand at making crochet hats.