Friday, December 09, 2022

I Finally Did It

I've been thinking about doing it for a long time, ever since I started threatening to live stream myself practicing the piano.  I just never really thought I'd use one.  I mean, really.   I don't even like photos of myself, I sure wouldn't like making videos of myself. 

But still, I was thinking about getting one. 

It all came to a head last night when I was trying to film a Christmas song for this year's concert.  I was trying to use that tablet pillow I'd bought last summer to prop up my phone, but it just wasn't working out.  So, today when I was in town doing my weekly shopping, I went over to the electronics department to see if they had a phone tripod or something.  

What I found was this:


It's the stand with the light -- which I wasn't looking for initially, but it was the same price as the tripods without the lights, so I got it. 

Once I'd gotten home and got my groceries put away, I drug it out of the box and put it all together. 


I haven't checked the light, yet (no it is not on in that photo), but the bluetooth shutter trigger definitely works.  Now, I can record music videos for you!  Aren't you excited?  The real trick will be to keep the cat off of the keyboard....  

Oh, and I can record surprise parcel unboxings, as soon as I get some surprise parcels.  

And yes, that is The Chosen I'm watching in the background there.  Speaking of, yesterday on their Facebook page, they posted this meme with the caption "Who are you going to tell?"  You can see my comment there on the right. 


But why is this significant, you ask?  Well, I’ll tell you. Do you see that little blue Like emoji on my comment? Yep, somebody likes it. 

And?  Somebody liked my comment.  Big deal....

Yes, it is a big deal, because check out who it was!!!!!

I keep trying to tell myself it wasn't really him.  It's a fake account.  A clone or a copycat, but part of me really, really wants it to be him.  

For those of you who don't know, Shahar Isaac is the actor who plays Simon Peter.  That's right.  The actor who plays Simon Peter liked MY comment!  I've really made the big time now.  

And finally, today's Holiday Homestead Share #9 -- A Thrifty Christmas Tip


No, it isn't to shop at Amazon.  

See, my sister and her family live in Alaska, and shipping gifts up there costs a small fortune.  I got tired of having to use so much of my Christmas budget on shipping, and having to spend less than I really wanted to on my nephews, that a few years ago, I just started shopping online and having their gifts shipped directly to them. 

With Prime, it's usually free, but even if I do have to pay for shipping, I don't have to pay twice -- once to have it shipped here, then to mail it there.  Now I can use the money I would have used for postage, and spend a little extra on gifts.  

But I'm sure all of you already knew that...

No comments: