Thursday, December 15, 2022

Holiday Homestead Share -- Catching Up

Yeah, I missed posting one of these yesterday -- not because I forgot, but because it just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the post.  So, here you go:  

Day 14:  Home made

What can be cuter than a home made ornament?  How about home made ornaments from your baby's first Christmas, when he was just two months old?


The original plan was to make one every year, but that didn't last long at all.  It only took a very short time for me to realize that before too long, the ornaments would be prohibitively large.  However, I did get a hand print done for 1994, 


but I'd already given up on doing his feet.  The top two are made from home made salt dough, because I was still in Italy at the time.  The blue one is some sort of playdoh concoction that is lightweight and fast drying.   These, by the way, don't get put onto the tree any more.  They are safely packed away with a few other sentimental things.  

Day 15:  Joy

This brings me joy.

No, not the little Christmas village, thought I do love it, too.  The Christmas cards lined up behind it.  Each one brought me a smile when I received it, because it means someone thought about me.  But even more, sending cards brings me joy, because if I can make someone else smile, then my day is complete. 

You know what else brings me joy?  This:


What?  There's nothing there!
 
Exactly my point!  There's nothing there.  No clouds.  No storms.  No tornadoes. 

That massive storm system has finally moved through, and there are clear skies throughout the south.  It left plenty of destruction in its wake, so if you are the giving kind, please consider making a donation to your particular denomination's disaster relief fund.  

Or whatever disaster relief organization you support. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my money where my mouth is, and give a little extra to Texas Baptist Men.  

Laters. 

3 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

The ornaments were a great idea. Back when my son was small I was not that crafty. Can you believe it?

Becky G said...

I'm so glad I did it. Now that he's 29, I can hardly believe his hands and feet were ever that small!

Amnicon Studio said...

How time flies!