Saturday, December 11, 2021

Typical

 Well, the plumber didn't show up.  Didn't even call to tell me he couldn't make it or anything.  He just didn't show.  I won't be a bit surprised if I never hear from him again at all.  Unfortunately, this is pretty typical around here.  

The down side is, my sink still isn't fixed.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  At this point, I guess I'll have to look up some "How to replace your own plumbing" videos on YouTube.  

The only other thing I've done today is finally finish this hat.

Turns out I did have plenty of yarn to finish, even at the 8" length.  I have to confess, though, it was not a joy to knit.  I doubt I'll do this pattern again.  Although, it may go better with some better yarn, so you never know. 

I guess that's about it, unless you want to hear about all the laundry I've been doing.  And boy, have I been doing laundry.  Today, I stripped the bed and washed all the bedding, and I'm talking all the way down to the mattress pad.  Jesse wasn't too thrilled with that, because he knows he can't get on the bed without his blanket on top.  At one point, he went and got on Cody's bed.  I cut him some slack, but told him just this once.  

Yesterday, I pulled the slipcovers off the couch and love seat and washed them, plus all the throws I usually keep on the backs of those pieces of furniture. Tomorrow I may wash Cody's comforter.  I've got to get everything good and clean before the new wears off my washer.  

Oh, and I almost forgot, I washed the dog bed, too.  



1 comment:

Otter said...

When my mother was put into assisted, we took home her washer. Have been using it for about a month now. It is larger capacity than my old washer that is around 10 years old. It gets clogged with water deposits in the internal lines. Since the replacement, I have been washing the large loads, like the king sized comforter on my bed. It has been great!