Wednesday, December 29, 2021

The Last Gift For Real This Time

 The last Christmas gift for real arrived today, and this is it:


When I was a kid, my mother always asked for new house shoes -- for Christmas, her birthday, Mother's Day, etc.  I hated buying her house shoes, because I thought it was a boring present, but it's what she asked for, so I did.  

I totally get it now.  

These are some I ordered with the money my older brother and his family sent me.  I'd waited until after opening all my gifts, just to make sure I didn't get any, which is why they are late.  My sister sent me some new slipper socks, which I do like, but I needed something a bit heavier for those days that are a bit colder.  These also have hard soles, which I need as well, because I tend to wear them out into the yard.  

They arrived just in time, too, because we're supposed to go from a high of 75' on Saturday, to a low of 28' on Sunday. 

In the meantime, I'm still playing with my needle felting.  This is my next project:


Yes, I know Texas is backwards.  There is a reason for that.  And the reason is this:  you need to felt both sides of the project.  I just happened to be working on the wrong side when I took the photo.  The plan is, when I get the Texas felted the way I want, I'm going to felt a little pink heart where my home town is.  

Speaking of, Cody, Brennan, and I will be traveling to Texas for Beverly's funeral.  We're going to take my car, even though it is smaller and will be more cramped, because his needs an oil change and he doesn't want to get one.  I don't know why.  It's not that big a deal.  He'd suggested we rent a car, but then found out how much it was going to cost (Hint:  a whole lot more than an oil change), so we decided to take mine.  He's still going to be doing the driving, though.  But he says they're probably not going to leave Memphis until 9:00 AM, so it'll be late when we get to Texas.  

On the bright side, the vet said they can go ahead and do Jesse's teeth cleaning while he's there being boarded, so two birds one stone, kind of thing.  

In other news, I was planning on starting my piano lessons again today.  Well, doing the videos from Mr. Let's Play Piano Methods, I mean.  I'm already practicing the songs a bit, but I decided to just wait until we get back to get into watching the instructional videos.  Also, in an attempt to avoid the disaster that was my Christmas concert, I've already picked out some songs for next year.  I'm going to practice them all year in hopes that by next Christmas, they'll be all ready to record. 

And finally, That Awesome Hunk Of Pure Awesomeness Who Used To Be My Imaginary Boyfriend Until He Married Someone Who Is Not Me Bill Whittle and his wife have both come down with the COVID.  They have it pretty bad, from what he says on his website.  He's running a 104' fever, suffering from a fatigue that is almost supernatural in intensity," and is laying in bed like a carrot.  His words, not mine.  If you've a mind, offer up a prayer for a speedy recovery for both of them.  

No comments: