Friday, December 10, 2021

I Remembered

My new glasses are here!  

I told you they would be funky,  didn't I?  When I was picking them out, I told the person at the eye doctor, "I'm too old to be funky, but I like these."  She assured me that they look good on me, so there we have it.  I like them much better than the pair I got last time, because those were those super bendy frames.  I thought they'd be less prone to breakage, but after wearing them for a while, I decided I didn't like them at all.  They never felt sturdy enough.   These are much less bendy, and they feel good on my face.  Plus, I like that styles are going back towards larger frames and lenses.  I got so tired of having to peer through lenses the size of quarters.  

By the way, you may notice I've also gone back to a lighter color in my hair.  I do miss my red, but I felt like going with a light blond would make my roots less noticeable between colorings.  The plan is to eventually go completely to gray, but I wanted to do it gradually, so I don't have those gray roots with the tacky faded orange ends.  

Anyway, since the eye doctor is just up the way from the Walmart, I went ahead and got my shopping done yesterday after I picked up my glasses.  That way, all I had to do today was mail the last few Christmas presents.  

I like to have choked when she told me how much it was going to cost (hint: more than the gifts inside did), and I suddenly remembered why I started ordering from Amazon and having them shipped directly from there. I'd rather do that, and have a little more available to spend on the gift itself than to pay exorbitant shipping costs.   Nevertheless, all the gifts that need to be shipped have been shipped.  Now, all I have to do is finish up shopping for my son -- if he would ever tell me what he wants, that is. 

And that's about how my day has gone.  Except it has been so hot and humid, I can't seem to get into the Christmas mood.  I'm still watching my Christmas shows, though.  How humid is it?  This humid:

This is inside my car port, and no, it hasn't been raining.  The rains are supposed to get here later tonight.  In fact, we're going to get more than just rain.  

We have the possibility of severe weather, then it will get cold again.  I took a moment to bring some firewood up, even though it's miserably hot right now.  I'll be all ready for the cold when it gets here. 

And finally, you would be very proud of me.  I called the plumber!  He's supposed to come look at my sink tomorrow.  If he shows up, that is.  Then all I'll have left on my list is to call the oral surgeon, and I'll be done!  

Yay me!

1 comment:

Connie said...

The glasses look great on you!