Wednesday, December 15, 2021

I Don't Know

 Well, guess who didn't show up again.  Go on.  I'll bet you can't guess.

If you said the plumber, give yourself a cookie.  

That's right.  He said he was going to come back yesterday with a snake to try to clear my sink drain, but  he didn't.  I waited all afternoon for him to show, and he never came.  Didn't call, or anything.  I won't be surprised if I never hear from him again. 

What is wrong with people these days?  I guess integrity doesn't mean anything any more.  I mean, it's not like I'm asking him to sacrifice his firstborn child.  I just want my sink fixed.  Is that too much to ask? 

I don't know what I'm going to do.  I'm running out of people to call. 

On the bright side, the rip roaring sinus headache I've been battling for five days seems to have abated some.  Not that that has anything to do with plumbing, but there it is. I guess it's my face's plumbing. 

On the brighter side, tomorrow is my last day of work for the year!  The bad news is, they're talking about changing the company's vacation policy.  They're complaining that too many people are saving up their days for the end of the year, so they're talking about requiring us to use at least half of our days before June 30th.  I hope they don't go through with that.  I worked hard to earn those vacation days, and I should be able to take them whenever I want -- with my supervisor's approval, that is. 

I swear, I think they have meetings late at night to try to figure out ways to make our jobs as miserable as possible.  

But the big news is, the computer system the plant uses has been subjected to a ransomware attack.  It's not just us, either.  It's everyone who uses that system.  They don't know how long it's going to last, but for now, they're having to do payroll and vacation requests manually.  Personally, I prefer to use a paper request form.  That way I have a copy of my days I've put in for.  I don't have to try to remember, or have to brave going up to HR and getting them to run me off a printout of my list of approved days. 

We still can't turn them in until January, but I got some papers and am going to fill them out over the holiday.  

In knitting news, I've got a serious case of startitis.  For you knitting muggles out there, that means I have the overwhelming desire to cast on a new project, even though I've got at least a dozen WIPs and UFOs already on the needles.  For you knitting muggles out there,  WIP means work in progress, and UFO means unfinished object.   

Anyway, I got my new Brava yarn out, 


and am thinking about casting on an Irish Hiking Scarf and matching hat. I've already printed out patterns, but right now I'm trying to figure out how to widen the scarf a bit, since skinny scarves are no longer the fashion.  I still like them, but apparently, the fashion world doesn't. 

I'm not sure how much wider I'm going to make it, whether to just add one or two repeats, or double the width of the whole thing.  Eh, I'm going to do the hat first, so I'll figure the scarf out later. 

And finally, unless you've been living under a rock, no doubt you've heard of the massive storm system that passed through several states a few days ago.  Turns out there was a seismograph somewhere near where the massive tornado travelled.  They released the image of that ---and it's something to see.


I don't know how to read a seismograph, and I wonder what it would measure on the Richter scale. 

I won't inundate you with photos of the storm damage, as no doubt you've already seen plenty.  I'll just post two that really jumped out at me.   



Yes, that is a refrigerator stuck in a tree.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to bed.  I've got a long day of looking for another plumber coming up...

No comments: