Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Word Of The Day

 Your word of the day is schadenfreude.  And what is schadenfreude, you ask?  I'll tell you.

You know that feeling you get when someone from B shift brazes an entire order wrong, so the supervisor brings it back up to the sub brazing area, and your Stalker -- because he thinks he's someone special -- sticks his big nose right up in the middle of something that isn't his business, so Group Leader Shark makes him re-do all the headers by himself and the whole department is standing there laughing at him?  

That's schadenfreude.  

All righty, then.  Moving right along.  

Well, this is it.  This is why I'm being so stingy with my firewood.


That's all there is.  Well, I do have this, but it's not split. 


I'm trying to get out and split a piece or two after work every day-- because a piece or two is about all I can handle in one day -- but it still isn't going to be very much.  I've been checking the online sales groups, but either they don't want to deliver, or won't take a check, so I haven't even been able to buy any firewood.  I'm kind of regretting buying that hatchback.  If I'd gotten a pickup truck instead, I could go get me some wood.  Well, maybe I'll find someone who'll deliver without charging me an arm and a leg.    If not, I'll be huddling under blankets a lot this winter.  

In Knitting Knews, I'm making progress on my sock, albeit slowly. 


I've finally gotten past the gusset decreases, so it should work up a bit quicker now. 

So, I was looking at the photos I'd posted of my Christmas decorations, and thinking how tacky my house looks, especially my kitchen and dining room area.  A fresh coat of paint would really brighten things up, but that would require a lot of work, and I'm just not sure I'm up for it.   The walls in the dining area have this weird sort of texture stuff, like they'd thrown a bunch of tiny pebbles against the walls, and wherever they stuck is where they stayed.  I'd have to scrape all of that off.  Then there is all the thick, rubbery paint I'd have to somehow get off of the walls.  If it were regular, normal paint, I'd just paint over it, but not this stuff.  It's like a layer of plastic on the walls.  And I'd have to strip the cabinets and door frames...the baseboards and chair rail...

After all that, I'm wondering if it's not just quicker and easier to just pull everything off to the studs and replace it.  And of course, that would require finding a contractor who will actually show up...therein lies the rub.  Heck, I'm still waiting on someone to SHOW UP and hang my shutters.  

I know this post is a bit short, but I didn't sleep well last night, and I'm too tired to think straight.  I still need to practice my piano, as well, so I'll just leave you with a photo of the Beaver Moon I took Monday night. 




And bid you goodnight. 


No comments: