Saturday, December 12, 2020

Random Thoughts Of A Saturday Afternoon.

 1.  I have a list.  

You know, like Arya Stark had a list.  Those of you who watched Game Of Thrones know what I'm talking about.  Those of you who never watched that show don't, so let me give you a heads up.  First of all, you didn't miss much.  I lost interest after just a few seasons.  Honestly, Peter Dinklage was the best part of the whole series.  Oh, and Sean Bean...well, he met a typical Sean Bean fate, but I won't go into all that right now.  

Arya Stark is a girl whose family is greatly wronged.  I won't go into detail here, but they were.  Every night, before she goes to sleep, Arya recites a list of people upon whom she plans to exact vengeance.  

I have a similar list -- except it's not people I plan on taking vengeance on.  No, my list is people I pray for every night...and throughout the day.  My list is of those who are battling COVID, and it's getting pretty long.  

It's the not knowing that is stressful to me.  My friend hasn't posted anything about his sister in three days, and I'm getting kind of worried.  I have no idea if Other Coworker is still in the hospital or not, and haven't heard a word from Supervisor.  Not only that, I found out one of my real life heroes has also tested positive.  

2.  I'm done with my Christmas shopping!  Oh, I may still pick up a few stocking stuffer type things for Cody, but the major gifts are gone.  I haven't gotten them all shipped, though.  My older brother and his family's gifts are sitting on the bed in Cody's room, because I don't have the right size box.  All the ones I have are either too small, or way too big.  I'm expecting a few things from Amazon early next week, so maybe one of those boxes will fit.

3.  I've been receiving mysterious packages from Amazon, as well.  I've wrapped them without opening them, just in case the sender didn't choose gift wrapping.  I think I know what one of them is, because I saw the return address on the box.  If I'm right, I'm going to be very excited to open that one.  At least I know none of them are vitamins this year.  

4.  My list is here, by the way...you know, just in case you might want to send me something...Not that I'm hinting or anything, but my list is here:  Becky's Christmas List.

5.  Cody was looking through my Christmas list and said, "Why do you need a trebuchet?"  I replied, "So I can throw stuff at...stuff..."  I'm beginning to understand why Brennan was nervous about meeting me.

6.  Since I finished my last pair of socks, I've dragged the old sock yarn blanket out and am working on it again.  


7.  My friend is having an open house in her yarn studio today.  It's just north of Memphis, but I've opted out of going.  With the way things have been going, I'd get to work tomorrow and discover someone else in my department has tested positive.  I'll be glad when this is all over.  And it will end eventually.  No pandemic lasts forever.  Even the Black Plague ended.  Of course, it took 200 years, but still, it did end.  

At least one vaccine has been approved, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

8.  Speaking of vaccines, if I wanted to "reduce overpopulation", the last thing I would do is to mandate vaccinations --or even fund vaccine distributions to poverty stricken third world countries, for that matter. After all, these diseases -- measles, smallpox, polio, etc. -- have killed way more people than the vaccines for them ever did.  

No, if I wanted to reduce overpopulation, I'd ban vaccines and let these illnesses make a comeback and do my dirty work for me. But therein lies the rub; you can't ban vaccines outright.  There'd be too much outcry.  So, what you do instead is to start rumors, conspiracy theories, speculations...to cause people to mistrust vaccinations, so that they'll refuse to take them of their own volition.  You know what I'm talking about...the rumors that they cause autism.  The conspiracies that they contain tracking devices, or radioactive isotopes, or whatever...they're the mark of the Beast...they do more harm than good...that sort of thing.     It's even better if you take a popular celebrity and make him a scapegoat.  Make people believe he's in his basement with a dime store chemistry set and glowing red eyes...In this way, you can give rise to a whole anti-vaxxer movement, and people will voluntarily decline vaccinations without you having to lift a finger.   It doesn't even matter if what you are saying true or not.  People are sheep.  They'll blindly follow anything, no matter how ridiculous, so long as it's in a meme, and never even verify....  Well, that's what I would do...if I wanted to reduce overpopulation.  

9.  It may all be moot for me anyway.  They're saying now that if you're allergic to eggs, you shouldn't get it.  The COVID vaccination, I mean.  Once it's finally available to us peons, I'll discuss it with my doctor and see what he says.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I NEVER said I think people who don't want the vaccine should be forced to get it.  I also don't believe children should get it, because in my opinion, it's better for them to build up their natural immunity.  However, I don't also don't think people who do want to get it should be shamed and ridiculed for that choice.  

10.  While we're on the subject, if you share a meme you haven't fact checked, you'd better know, I'm going to.  Fact check it, that is.  Even if I don't comment, I've verified (or debunked as is most often the case) whatever it is you've posted.  

11.  Just so we don't end this post on a negative note, here is one of the blinking patterns on my Christmas tree. 



No comments: