Friday, December 18, 2020

Finished, For Real This Time

 I've finished my Christmas shopping for real this time.  I hadn't really planned on going to Walmart today.  I hadn't wanted to go into town at all, but I needed to go to the post office.  Since Walmart is right there, I ran in for a gallon of milk -- and ended up spending $150.  

I was able to use the gift card from work to cover part of that, but still...

Yeah, they actually gave us a gift card at work, which I was totally not expecting.  And last week, we got our first attendance bonus since they stopped all the bonuses back in April.  It wasn't as much as I was getting before, but at least it's something. 

Speaking of work, I am officially off on Christmas vacation until January 4th!  I'm not sure what is going on with work, or how they got so far behind, but they were passing around a list for people to sign up to work the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.  Nope, I didn't put my name down.  I work hard all year, saving up my vacation, just to take this time off.  It's usually the only vacation I get, and I'm taking it.  By golly.  

But I digress.

I'd pretty much finished my Christmas shopping last week.  I'm still waiting on one of Cody's gifts to arrive, but for the most part, I'm done.  Or so I thought...

Then a box from my sister arrived.  She'd sent Cody's girlfriend more gifts than I'd gotten her!  OK, it was just one, but still...I hadn't really planned on getting Brennan much, because I know she's a college student and doesn't have a whole lot of money.  I'd worried that if I got her too much, she'd feel she needed to reciprocate.  But I can't let my sister out do me!  I had to get her something else.  Just a little something, but something.

As I was wandering through Walmart, I looked at the bath sets, the lotion sets, all the girly type things...wondering what Brennan would like.  Then it hit me.  I'd get her what every girl needs...

tools!


And of course, a nifty tool box to keep them in. 

They had a little tool set in a pink bag, but it was a bunch of stuff she'd probably never need, like different size sockets and nut driver bits, so I decided to put one together myself with just the basics that everyone needs to have around the house.  Now that I think about it, I probably should have gotten a tape measure as well.  Maybe I will if I go back to the store before Christmas.  

That girl probably thinks I'm out of my mind.  

One more Christmas decoration made its way home with me, as well.  


It's small, maybe 4"x6", but fits in the space between my front door and window as if it were made for it.  The paint even matches my curtain.  I was kind of afraid it would blend in with the walls too much, but it doesn't.  It looks right nice there. 

And look at this!  A week before Christmas, they finally get some mint truffle kisses in!


The hot cocoa kisses are pretty good, too.  They're just milk chocolate with a marshmallow center.  

Well, I think I may have done a very foolish thing.  I signed up for Facebook dating.  I'd posted, asking if it would make me look like a total pathetic loser, and not one of you said yes.  Not one.  You were supposed to, but you didn't.  Some of you even had the audacity to tell me I deserved love or happiness.  

I don't know about that, but like a doofus, in a fit of insomnia, I made out a profile.  By the time I woke up, I had 30+ likes.  I think I may have made a mistake, because my first thought was, "Oh, great.  Thirty new stalkers."  

Then I put on Beethoven's 7th Symphony, and all was right in my world again.

Because Beethoven makes everything better...even questionable late night choices during a global pandemic.  




No comments: