Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Suzette's Big Adventure -- A Photo Essay

 We're going to Texas for Christmas!  Heading South...


Stopping in Canton, MS for gas. 


Suzette isn't impressed with the obelisk. 


Suzette wants no part of driving through Jackson. 


Whew!  We're past Jackson.  


Bienvenue en Louisiane!  (Can you spot Suzette?)


Suzette took one look at the Mississippi River Bridge and fainted dead away!


Past Baton Rouge and headed West.  We're pretty much home free now. 

Good grief!  Another bridge?  How many more are there?  


Suzette said, "What happened here?  It looks like a bomb went off."  This is what a high end category 4 hurricane can do.  


One more bridge, and then...


We're home!!


Suzette posing in the cutout, since she wasn't sure you'd be able to see her in the other photo.  She is there, really. 


After a nice -- but all too short --  visit, it was time to come back.  We headed out bright and early Sunday morning.


Crossing the Sabine River bridge, leaving Texas.  My fondest hello, and my hardest goodbye...


Approaching the Mississippi River Bridge in Baton Rouge, Suzette said, "I will be brave this time...


I will be brave this time...


...nope, not brave!"  


About the time we got to Bass Pro Shop in Denham Springs, Suzette had fully recovered from her faint.  However, after discovering what was lurking in the pond inside BPS,  she decided to stay in the car.  She was afraid the alligator snapper would get her.  (That's a penny on his back for scale.)


After a long, long haul, we were back in Mississippi. 


Suzette wanted no part of driving through Jackson in the Northbound lane, either, and said, "Wake me up when we're past it." 


Suzette thinks the obelisk looks much better from this direction. 


And finally, home again. 


Home again, jiggety jig.  

And that was the end of Suzette's first big adventure.  Hopefully there will be many more in the future. 


*For those of you new to the blog, I lost my dear, dear friend Suzie back in April.  Because her health had prohibited her from traveling, when I went to the Fiber Fun In The 'Sip last year, I'd fixed her up a care package.  In that care package was a little alpaca, complete with fur.  When Suzie's sibs started going through her things, I asked if I could have the alpaca back.  I named her Suzette, after my friend Suzie, and once the pandemic is over and I stop being a recluse (in the interest of full disclosure, I was a recluse even before the pandemic) we'll be going on all sorts of adventures.  

No comments: