Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Random Thoughts Of The Second To Last Day Of The Year

 1.  The last Christmas presents I ordered have finally arrived!  Cody's hat came yesterday, and Brennan's candle got here today.  I messaged Cody and he said he'd get up with Bren and see when they can come down.   He also said she really liked the tool kit I got her.  I'm glad she liked it.  Every woman needs her own set of household tools. 

2.  I finally hit the clearance sales today, but there wasn't much left.  Pretty much all the good stuff had already been picked over, and I didn't really see anything I absolutely had to have.  I did get another box of cards, and some more tissue paper, but that's it. 


3.  I also found a flannel shirt on clearance, and in the women's section, too!  

Between that one, and the one my sister sent me, I've got a good start.  It's nice to have some feminine clothes again.  Honestly, I don't really like wearing men's clothes, but they're usually a lot cheaper and sturdier than women's clothes, and more importantly, they have functional pockets. I don't know who in the world decided that women don't need pockets, but I wish they'd get over it and give us pockets.  

4.  While I was in Texas, I found out that two more people I know have died of the COVID, including one who was kin to me.  OK, he was a distant cousin, but he was still kin.  His mother was a Winfree.  The other was the piano player at the church I'd gone to before I went into the Navy.  Her kids are all around my age, and I know them pretty well. 

5.  Lookit!  I posted one of my full moon photos on a local (OK, he's in Jackson) meteorologist's Facebook page, and he shared it!  


And, as if that weren't enough, the local news station posted it on their page, too!


I feel like I've made the big time!  My dad would be so geeked out over this.  

6.  I've been watching piano lesson videos on YouTube, and have decided my practice time needs to be more organized.  Taking the advice of my favorite online piano teacher, I've divided my practice time up into the following segments:  

a) Warm ups and finger strengthening exercises (i.e. Hanons and scales) -- 10 minutes

b) Sight reading exercises -- 5 minutes

c) Something that teaches new skills or concepts (i.e. my Alfred's book) -- 10 minutes

d) Playing just for fun -- 10 minutes

So far, it's going pretty well.  I'm hoping to keep it up after I go back to work next week.  I still want to someday take real lessons from a real person.  

7.  I started watching Home Town on HGTV.  It's another one of those shows where they renovate old homes.  This one is set in Laurel, MS.  I'd love to buy some of the old houses here in Grenada and renovate them, but that just wouldn't work in this town.  We have absolutely the wrong political climate to rejuvenate this town.   Still, I love the architecture on these old homes around the square. 

8.  After I posted photos of our town's tree lighting, one of my friends asked if I lived in one of those towns where they film Hallmark movies.  I laughed and said they'd have to truck in too much fake snow.  But since they do most of the actual filming in the middle of summer, they'd have to do that anyway.  

9.  I guess that's all I have for today.  See you tomorrow. 



No comments: