Monday, December 21, 2020

Change Of Plans

After giving it a bit of thought, I went back and got that pink tool bag for Cody's girlfriend after all. 


The plan was to take all the tools out of the bag and put the ones I'd bough into it, but again, after thinking it over, I decided not to do that, either.  I'll just put them all into a big box and wrap it all up.  Now, I really am done shopping, because I'm not going back to the store before Christmas if I can possibly help it. 

One day last week, I forgot to tell you, I found out one of my coworkers had a stroke.  Someone found him unconscious in his house last Sunday, and they had to airlift him to Jackson.  My first thought was, "I hope they had a bed available for him."  I haven't heard how he's doing, but I'll be sure and let you know if I do.  For now, I'm still going with the no news is good news philosophy. 

That's one thing state health officer Dr. Dobbs has been emphasizing throughout this whole pandemic.  He says it's not just about COVID patients filling up the hospitals.   He says if you have a heart attack or a stroke, they want to be able to provide quality care to you, too.  I know over the last few months, they've had to send patients as far away as Georgia and Florida to find available ICU beds.  

I found out another friend -- this one a church friend-- who has tested positive.  I'm not sure of all the details, but they had to rush her to the ER sometime yesterday.  She's doing better now, though.  

Also, MEMA director Michel was admitted to the hospital with COVID pneumonia.  We've had a rough year, here in MS.  From devastating flooding, to killer tornadoes, to hurricane after hurricane after hurricane...and all in the midst of a global pandemic.  Through all this, Director Michel has held the line, and has become one of my real life heroes.  Please, if you feel led, to lift him up in prayer. 

More bad news, Rylea has started chugging water like it's going out of style -- which leads to her peeing like it's going out of style as well.  I first noticed it Friday, and it's only gotten worse since then.  I ran to the store today, and wasn't gone but maybe an hour and a half, and she had an accident in the house -- after I'd let her out right before I left.  I've decided a trip to the vet is in order.  Of course, the biggest concern is her age.  She's almost 14, and every little thing that happens, I think it might be her time.  I'm not quite ready -- but then are you ever ready to make that call?  We'll just wait and see what the vet says. 

In more pleasant news, tonight was the Great Conjunction between Saturn and Jupiter, and wonder of wonders, it was clear and I got to see it!  I took lots of photos, but this is probably the best one.


I took this one through my telescope, but with the naked eye, they did look like they were right on top of one another.  If you look closely, you can see three of  Jupiter's moons.  

While I was waiting for the planets to become visible, I took a few moon shots as well.


I'm really enjoying that telescope, but the tripod sure leaves a lot to be desired.  What I really want is one you can program in what you want to see, and the smart tripod will find it for you.  That would be so cool, but they are definitely high dollar. 

And finally, in knitting news, I've been working on this scarf off and on for a few weeks.  



It was at this point I realized, even as narrow as this scarf is, I wouldn't have enough to make it a decent length.  Naturally, I did what any red blooded American would do.  I got online and ordered three more balls.  They're supposed to arrive Wednesday, then I'll decide if I still want to make a scarf, or maybe a stole or throw.  

I guess that's about it for tonight.  There was something else I was going to tell you, but right now, I can't remember what it was.  Maybe I'll think of it and put it into tomorrow's blog.

But for now, I'll bid you adieu.  

No comments: