Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Spring!

 Spring is here!  Lookit what I have blooming in my front yard!  


I've been seeing daffodils in other people's yards and by the roadside, but so far, there hadn't been any in my yard.  I think it might be because I'd moved them last year.  Sometimes they don't bloom that first year after they've been moved. 

Anyway, I came home to find these mini daffs.  They're so cute!  

Speaking of cute, I'm almost done with my emotional support chicken.  


I got the main part of the body knit this afternoon, then did the comb and wattle. 


I still have to knit the belly piece, then sew it all together and stuff it, but this is what it's going to look like once I get it all finished.  Sort of.  


Oh, yeah, I'm going to put eyes on it, too.  I'll probably just go with buttons for eyes, and hopefully I can find some that match the pink stripes.  I might already have some in my button box. 

The bad news is I can't remember what else it was I was going to tell you.  I didn't even have an earworm today, so I'm just going to end this with the weird music announcement from work:

"Billy Wayne, I need a price check on beanie weenies on line one."

Now I'm going to go to bed early. 

Goodnight. 

No comments: