Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Spring Fever

You know, sitting in front of a cozy fire, wrapped in a blanket, with hot chocolate and a good book sounds wonderful in October and November.  By February, I'm over it. 

I'm pretty sure I've got a good case of spring fever, and I'm also pretty sure the way to get out of my funk is to get out of the house and do something.  Alas, it's the funk itself that prevents me from doing just that.  Every day after work, I tell myself I'm going to go to either the lake or to the Nature preserve and walk some of those trails, but I don't. 

Until today, that is.  I had to trick myself into doing it, though, by making myself go pay a bill at the office on the square, and then to tell myself, "Self, since you're here, you might as well go walk that last trail at Lee Tartt."

And that's exactly what I did. There are four trails out there, and I have at one time or another, walked three of them.  Today, I walked the last one.


I'm glad I did.  Though I'm tired, it was a nice little walk.  I saw a pinecone in its natural habitat. 


Despite the recent rains, the water level in the swamp is still very low. 




I want to go back in the spring, after everything starts greening up.  


 If I can make myself do it, that is. 

After a nice, leisurely walk, I came home wanting a hot shower, only to find I didn't have any water.  Given the plumbing issues I've had with this house, I'm a bit paranoid about things like that.  Turns out, the water company had cut the water off to repair an issue in the area.  It's back on now, but still...I spent the afternoon feeling like I wasn't doing anything but waiting...for the water to come back on. 

I think I'll be very much perked up after a nice hot shower. 

And finally, I don't usually get all emotional about celebrity deaths, but this one hits hard.  


Wherever you are tonight, raise up a red Solo cup and drink to his memory.  He was a true patriot, who loved this country and always supported our troops.  He was legend and will be sorely missed. 


Fair Winds and Following seas.  

Rest easy, Toby.  We have the watch.  

No comments: