Friday, November 17, 2023

I Went A Bit Crazy

 I went a bit crazy in Walmart this morning.  I'd intended to go in there and just get what I'm going to need for Thanksgiving dinner.  What I did instead was buy three -- yes three!-- more boxes of Christmas cards, despite having three unopened boxes left over from last year.  No, I'm not going to show them to you, because you just might end up getting one of them.  

Good thing I made that one of my weekend projects:  getting my Christmas cards ready to mail.  

I also bought myself another pair of those women's lounge pants -- you know, the ones with the functional pockets and complimentary cat.


Except not the cat.  

What I didn't get is fresh cranberries, because Walmart didn't have any.  I'll have to go to one of the locally owned chains (Grocery Basket or Spain's) for those.  I'd debated on whether to even make it, because Cody and Brennan won't be here, and it's not one of my favorites.  But it's tradition, and it's fun to make, so I think I will anyway.  Maybe they'll stop by on their way back to Jackson and pick up some leftovers.  They can take it with them then.  Oh, and I bought some disposable foil baking pans to make the broccoli casserole in, so if they do stop by, they can just take the whole thing, because they never return my containers anyway. 

The last thing I got, other than normal groceries and all, was a new Christmas ornament.

Eh, for $2, it's not bad.  I was thinking I could hang it in the center of one of my wreaths, or, I don't know.  I'll find some place to put it.  

And finally, Thanksvember Seventeenth:  I know it may seem like a little thing, but I got an e-mail today from Hulu informing me that they've moved Great American Family channel from an add on package to my regular live TV line-up.  Now I can drop that add on and save myself $8 per month!  Eh, I was going to drop it after Christmas anyway, but still...I'm also thankful that sometime since last Christmas, they added two of the Hallmark channels to Hulu so I never had to re-subscribe to FrendlyTV.  

Like I said, it may seem like a little thing, but we need to be thankful for those, too. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to sit here and wait to see if the firewood guy comes.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

I laughed when I read about the lounge pants with the pockets and complimentary cat! Ha ha ha ha!