Monday, November 27, 2023

Back To Work

If turning the alarm off at the beginning of your vacation is the best feeling in the world, then turning it back on at the end must surely be the worst.  

I woke up this morning wondering how on earth that week went by so fast, and it was cold at that. I did not want to get out of bed, but alas, I have no sugar daddy, so I pried my behind out of my nice warm bed, and out into the cold I went.  As if going back to work weren't enough, I decided to wear my new boots.  I'd been trying to break them in at home, but I didn't break them in enough.  

I'd planned on going to the store after work, but by the end of the day -- as I told my friend, "My feets hurt so bad I don't need anything from the store that can't wait until tomorrow."   I'd also planned on hanging my outside lights this afternoon, but that didn't happen either.  That's all I have left to do as far as decorating, having finished the tree yesterday. 

Instead, I came home and began pulling the rest of the meat off of my Thanksgiving turkey.  I've decided not to make more soup this year, because I've still got quite a bit left in the freezer from last year.  I'm going to use most of the meat to make turkey salad -- like chicken salad, but with turkey -- then boil the bones down to make sipping broth.  

Oh, and I got a lovely little thank you note from the Christmas At Sea people.  It really made my day!

Not uncoincidentally, today's Bible verse:  


And finally, a mysterious package arrived from Amazon, brought by UPS.  I don't remember ordering anything -- other than the storage box for my Christmas tree, but that's way bigger than this box, and isn't supposed to arrive until Saturday anyway.  

Hmmm, maybe it's a present.  Which is why I haven't opened it yet.  What if it is a present?  

Or what if it's just vitamins?  But those don't usually come by UPS...Whatever could it be? 

3 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

You didn't open the box?!?!?!? I can't believe it! :-P

When my alarm went off on Monday, I stared at my phone and wondered why it was going off so early. It's been a tough week after having such a nice week off. I know your pain.

Becky G said...

Well, I did open the box, I just forgot to blog about it. I'd thought it was something my sister had ordered for her DIL, but they wouldn't ship to Alaska. She'd had it sent to me, and I'm going to forward it to her.

Turns out, it wasn't that. It was a gift. I'm still going to wrap it and put it under the tree. With my memory, I'll probably have forgotten what it is by then anyway!

Amnicon Studio said...

Fun! :-) That's one benefit to getting older. You can be surprised by the same thing more than once! LOL.