Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Surprise Parcel #1

 It all began a few days ago, when I somewhat in jest posted the following on Facebook.


I didn't really think anyone would take me seriously, but when I got home from work this afternoon, what was waiting for me in my carport but a surprise parcel!  

Oooh!  I got a surprise parcel.  Oh, wait....now I have to film myself opening it.  I'm going to have to re-think this whole YouTube channel thing...

Well, dang.  I guess since I said it, I'm going to have to go through it.  So, I set up my phone and got to it.


As you can see, it wasn't a surprise after all.  It was the yarn I'd ordered for my sock yarn blanket. I'd mentioned a few days ago that I needed just a bit more striping yarn to finish it off, and lo and behold, Knit Picks had a bundle of Felici on sale.  I ordered it, then in all the hoopla about my plumbing and the company picnic, and the kids visiting, I'd completely forgotten about it.  

So it was sort of a surprise in a way.  But anyway, here is the yarn that was in the box. 

As a bonus, they threw in a project bag with instructions on how to Kitchener.  

That'll come in handy, because even though I know the Kitchener stitch, I can't ever remember how to set it up and get started.  I have to look it up every time.  

And as promised, here is the photo of the almost completed blanket. 

I also have two more blankets in the works, so that yarn will definitely come in handy.  No, I'm not a glutton for punishment.  These little mitered squares are so fun to make, and work up fairly quickly, so I get that sense of instant gratification.  Plus, they're a good way to use up leftover yarn, and can be made in any weight.  OK, I don't think I'd try to make one in lace weight, but you get the idea. 

Now, if anyone wants to send me a real surprise parcel for real...

P.S. Now that I've broken the ice, maybe I'll finally get that recording of me practicing the piano done.  

No comments: