Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Jesse

 Yeah, it got a mite nippy last night.

I'm glad I broke down and turned on the heater.  Still haven't built a fire, though.  Right now, I have my Christmas cacti on top of my wood stove, so that wouldn't be a good idea.  It's supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow, so I'll be putting them back outside for a bit longer anyway.  My flower bed is toast, though.  Oh well, such is nature's way. 

If you'll recall, Jesse has been having trouble with his back legs.  I've been putting off taking him to the vet, because I'm kind of afraid of what the vet might say.  I'm not mentally or emotionally prepared to hear him recommend euthanasia.  Not just yet. 

I don't think Jesse is ready for it, either because for one thing, he doesn't appear to be in any pain.  If he did, there'd be no question, but he doesn't.  No signs of pain, his appetite is still good, and his energy level is high -- well, for a 13 year old dog anyway.  He's just got weakness in his back legs.  

I was sitting there at work, or standing, rather.  We aren't allowed to sit except for our lunch break.  But that's beside the point.  So, I was standing there at work when it occurred to me to try some of those hip and joint vitamins I've seen.  Despite it not being my regular shopping day, I went straight to Walmart after work and picked up some.


We're going to try these and see if they help any.  If not, then it's off to the vet we go, with the goal of making his remaining time here as comfortable and pain free as possible.  When he starts being in pain, then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

But look what I saw while I was there!


I exercised restraint.  I didn't buy it.  I did, however, pick up a half gallon of Blue Bell Christmas Cookies ice cream.  

It's the only thing that could have made me pass on the Little Debbie Pumpkin Delights Ice Cream. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get to knitting.  I'm watching something on the PBS app.  I don't know what it is.  Some British mystery show.  It's pretty good, even though I have no idea what it is. 

No comments: