Thursday, February 03, 2022

Normal People

I think I'm going to give a daily report on how many brazers we're short in the department until they get us some people over there.  Today's number is 4.  

OK, moving right along.  

There I was at work, just a working away, when along about 8:30, they had to shut the power down to do some sort of maintenance.  I'm not sure what they were doing; someone said they had to repair a fuse.  I didn't know people still used fuses, but that's just what I heard.  Once they'd powered everything down and all the machines were off, it got quiet in there.  Eerily quiet.  I said, "Oooo, it's almost spooky how quiet it gets in there with everything shut down."  It was about 30 minutes before they got finished with whatever they were doing, and we could go back to work. 

Now, what do people do when they can't work?  Well, I don't know what normal people do.  We do this:


In weather news, they're still predicting freezing rain for tonight.  It rained most of today, and the temperature has steadily dropped.  We'll have to wait and see if there is any ice build up, but I told my coworker, if the roads are slick, I'm not coming in tomorrow.  

I'm getting too old to be taking the same chances I took when I was younger.  

The hard part is convincing the cat she really does need to stay inside tonight.  I'll let you know how that goes.     

No comments: