Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Kind Of Hard

 It's kind of hard to believe isn't it?  A year ago today, we were buried under ice and sleet, and it would be nearly a week before the temperature got above freezing again.  

Today, the weather was stunningly gorgeous.  Sunny and warm, with just enough breeze to make it pleasant.  It was so nice, I put Marty Mac out on the front step for some direct sunlight and fresh air. 


I only left it out for a couple of hours, because the wind kind of kicked up, and I was afraid it would blow over.  Once my sphagnum moss gets here and I can get it into a bigger pot, I won't sorry quite o much about that.  The care sheet I read said that if the traps are red, the plant is healthy.  This one looks pretty good to me. 


Once it warms up more, I'm going to leave it out on the front porch, where it'll get lots of sun.  I just have to remember to water it.  And look at this:  


My little bluebonnets are sprouting!  I am leaving that tray out all the time -- well, except I bring them in at night when it's supposed to get below freezing.  I know the plants are hardy, but I want to be extra cautious with these little seedlings until they get a bit bigger.  

Now, for a real treat.  Yes, I have been practicing my piano -- somewhat.  I know I've been threatening to live stream -- or at least record -- a practice session, but I can't imagine you'd be anything but bored if I did that.  So, instead, I thought I'd record one of the songs I've been working on. It's not perfect, but here it is.  It's called The Country Fiddler, and it's from the Schaum blue book, level 2. 

And yes, that is knitting you're looking at.  I'd just gotten out of the shower and was not presentable. I don't like being in front of the camera at the best of times, and I sure don't want to show you myself when I'm fresh out of the shower with my hair not even combed. 

 Also, I've got to remember not to set my phone on my keyboard when recording.  Maybe next time.  Anyway, here it is, and I hope you don't get seasick:
  


One of the things I struggle with is playing too fast, and you can hear me slow down significantly after a few measures.  I think that comes from not having very long to practice, so I feel I have to rush through my songs, just like I feel I have to rush through everything else in my life.  It's trying to get it all done while working 10 hours a day. 

Like now.  I feel like I just got home, and it's already time to get ready for bed.  

Guess I'd better get to it.

Good night. 

No comments: