Saturday, November 13, 2021

Y'all Would Be Proud

 Y'all would be so proud of me.  Why?  Because I did a thing today, and I am totally not a thing doer.  But today, I did a thing.  Even though I'm not a thing doer.  

And what was this thing I did?  

I left the house!  That in itself is quite an accomplishment.  

OK, here's the scoop.  I've been wanting a new washing machine for a few months now.  My old one is about ten years old, and it still works reasonably well.  It needs some repairs -- like a new belt-- but it gets the clothes clean.  Mostly.  But I've gotten it into my head that I want a front loading washer.  They're supposed to use less water, and my water bill has gotten outrageous here lately.  And these days, anything I can do to save money...  

I've been saying for weeks that I'm going to go up to Lowe's just to look at washers, but the football schedule has never cooperated. 

What?  Doesn't everybody live their lives around the football schedule?  No?  Huh...who'da thunk it. 

Anyway, this week, Navy has the bye, and LSU and Texas don't play until 6:30.  Yes, at the same time -- again.  So this morning, I got dressed and drove up to Batesville.  I didn't get a washing machine, but I was able to look at them, and kind of get a better idea of what I want.  

While I was up there, I ran into the Walmart, since theirs sometimes has stuff ours doesn't.  I'm looking for a gravy boat, but they didn't have one, either.  I ended up ordering one from Amazon.  What I did find was.....new mixing bowls!


And these have lids.  I won't have to cover what I'm mixing up with plastic wrap any more!  But wait, there's more!  Actual, real serving spoons!  


I've never had real serving spoons before!  

Don't envy me my exciting life. 

Cody has hinted that he might bring Brennan here for Thanksgiving, so I wanted to have at least the same spoons in --well, most of my dishes at least.  We're still going to eat on paper plates, though.  I know some people like to set a fancy table, but me, I'd rather spent time with my family than washing dishes.  

I'm hoping they'll stay long enough to help me with the Christmas tree, at least getting started on it.  I'm not too sure how this cat is going to react to a Christmas tree.  I don't think Mr. Clark ever put one up after Mrs. Clark passed away.  I've already said I'm not going to put any breakable ornaments on it, just to be on the safe side.  Squeaky never bothered the tree, though she did like to nap amongst the presents.  I'll have to see how the cat handles, those, too. 

Speaking of presents, I am just about done with my shopping.  My sister's family is taken care of, and I ordered my brother's family's gifts today.  My younger brother and his wife's gifts are ready.  I'll just have to get them organized and mailed. I still need to shop for Cody and Brennan, and get James a little something, then I'll be done. 

Last night, I was looking for something to knit on.   I'd put a few squares into my blanket, and needed a little variety.  In the front closet, I found this old project I'd forgotten about. 


It looks like mice got into it and tangled the yarn up.  On closer inspection, I didn't see any spots where it looks like they'd actually cut the yarn.  I spent most of this afternoon watching Cheesy Hallmark Movies and untangling yarn barf.  There is something very therapeutic about untangling yarn.  Even lace weight silk. 

Speaking of cheesy Hallmark movies, it looks like my town is trying to look like one:  


They are going to have the tree lighting on December 4.  I went last year, and it was nice, but it looks like they're going to go all out this time.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, the game has started, and I need my computer to watch one of the three games I want to see.  

Laters....

No comments: