Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Three Things

 1.  On the 10th day of November, my mailbox brought to me...three packs of wax beads, two metallic markers, and a pack of Christmas washi tape.  


Admit it, you sang it...or was it just me?  Anyway, I'm about to get started on my Christmas cards over the next few weeks, so if you want a card, make sure I have your address.  I'm serious.  Even if I only know you from social media, I'll be happy to add you to my list.  

2.  November 10, 1975:   The Edmund Fitzgerald sank while crossing Lake Superior, carrying 29 souls into the icy waters with it.  We pause for a few moments to remember them.  


3.  This is going to be interesting. Inventory tomorrow at work, I mean.  Remember how I told you that they'd put several of us who normally work Tubing over into Sheet Metal?  None of us know anything about Sheet Metal.  

Not only that, they have decided they won't do card writing classes any more for those of us who fill out the little information cards.  The person who is over our team -- known as the chieftain -- is supposed to train us on how to write the cards instead.  Since I've never worked in Sheet Metal, I was depending heavily on my chieftain to keep me strait, and I'm sure the other card writers on the team were feeling the same way. 

Well, today one of the IT guys, with whom I've done inventory before, came out to the shop floor and told me the guy who is going to be our chieftain is brand new to the plant.  He's been working out there for less than two months.   He didn't even know what Sheet Metal was....Oh, boy.  The IT guy was hoping we -- meaning the card writers-- could teach him how to fill out the cards. 

I turned to one of the other card writers and said, "We're both going to end up in a ditch."  

4.  Bonus thing:


Happy Birthday, USMC



No comments: